Sister for James and Isabella

(98 Posts)
hawkmcqueen Wed 04-Sep-13 20:38:10

Hi there, so had my 21 week scan today and it's a girl! I was CONVINCED it was a boy but it's not it's a girl (it's a girl!).

Okay so over the shock now... so here's the question, what is James' and Isabella's little sister called?
I need a name that isn't as popular as my first two choices, which is as lovely as Isabella (because I love it), can't have an 'r' in middle, such as Zara as surname begins with R and then it sounds a bit rarara.

Here's two of my contenders:
Georgia (has r in middle but isn't final consonant so works okay)
Poppy (cute but maybe not classic enough?)

DH likes:
Sophie (already taken)
Chloe (meh for me)
Emily (too popular) because he wants to call her Lemony!

Oh yeah and the surname is actually one syllable and begins with 'Ro' so like names that contain an 'o' but this is not completely necessary.

Help!

DalmationDots Wed 12-Feb-14 15:03:49

Oops sorry I should read the full thread before posting!!

DalmationDots Wed 12-Feb-14 15:01:49

James, Isabella and...

Amelia Catherine
Darcey Catherine
Ottillie Catherine
Matilda Catherine
Amelie Catherine
Millicent Catherine
Saskia Catherine
Maisie Catherine
Thea Catherine
Lucie Catherine
Jemima (Mimi/Mima) Catherine
Millie Catherine
Abigail Catherine
Alexa Catherine

ladyquinoa Tue 11-Feb-14 22:25:04

Charlotte is perfect

ladyquinoa Tue 11-Feb-14 22:24:39

Adore Georgia (live nn George). Sophie is a great second. Poppy doesn't quite go.

Beamur Fri 07-Feb-14 16:32:57

Congratulations pinkglitter
I've been lurking on this thread as the OP's childrens names are very similar to my older two and wondered if there was any chance you might end up with the same for the 3rd! Several people have suggested it so far...

pinkglitter2 Fri 07-Feb-14 16:25:46

Congratulations! It's a lovely name x

Mrsindecision Fri 07-Feb-14 13:20:32

Yes, they decided on Charlotte in the end - it was on another thread with the title - "Emma, Poppy or Charlotte?"! smile

aoife24 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:19:06

Margot comes to my mind.

pinkglitter2 Fri 07-Feb-14 11:40:46

Hi, how are u? Just wondering if your little one has arrived and if you settled on a name? X

hawkmcqueen Sat 18-Jan-14 17:54:54

Oh doh what I meant was thanks

hawkmcqueen Sat 18-Jan-14 17:54:04

Congratulations pinkglitter that's wonderful news!!! Really pleased for you. Thanks so much for sharing your news, Isla is lovely :-) Enjoy your new arrival flowers

I'm still waiting 40+3 :-)

pinkglitter2 Sat 18-Jan-14 17:24:47

Hi, baby has been born! We have named her Isla smile we love the name and it's the only one we agreed on! So my advice to you is go for what you want... Good luck and eagerly waiting to hear... smile

hawkmcqueen Fri 17-Jan-14 14:34:05

No baby yet!! 40+2 and counting...

Maria sprang to mind.

How about Elspeth?

Hoping you're snuggling with your newborn now - let us know!

MummyPig24 Fri 17-Jan-14 06:16:34

The first name that popped into my head was Zoe.

NightCircus Thu 16-Jan-14 22:52:39

Verity

NightCircus Thu 16-Jan-14 22:50:48

Lucia
Florence
Flora
Arianne
Sylvia
Adela
Eliza

Alwayscheerful Thu 16-Jan-14 08:36:41

Lucia?

pinkglitter2 Thu 16-Jan-14 08:35:30

Absolutely agree about not being too plain! I wouldn't want the new baby to feel they were given a plain name compared to Isabella! Good luck choosing & will keep in touch to see what you decide smile

Charlotte
Megan
Beatrice

hawkmcqueen Wed 15-Jan-14 19:01:02

Hi puddles yes we would definitely have similar taste, your list is great :-)

I have totally found the same pink glitter that a lot of names are too similar or 'rhymey' with Isabella - such as Emma and Helena. Or too plain/simple! You can't have a DD called Isabella and then have a DD called Ann for example as the styles totally clash.

florascotia Wed 15-Jan-14 15:26:55

Dear Hawk - Please! No need to apologise - I wasn't remotely offended!! Very sorry if I gave that impression. As you can see from my silly 'number of syllables' mistake, I am obviously not expressing myself very clearly today.

All the best.

pinkglitter2 Wed 15-Jan-14 14:50:09

Oo forgot to add that we like Isla which is Scottish but we think it may be too similar to Isabella even though it is pronounced differently.

Puddles1234 Wed 15-Jan-14 14:48:49

I love James and Isabella.

This is our girls name list, it may not be too your tastes but it's is classic nonetheless.

Please let us know what you decide.

Arabella
Araminta NN Minty
Camilla
Cosima
Clementine
Celeste
Cecily
Georgiana
Harriet
Isabella
Marina
Ottilie
Persephone NN Sephy
Romilly
Lettice

pinkglitter2 Wed 15-Jan-14 14:48:41

Well if it helps I can offer you the names we have thought of but unfortunately we can't decide because there isn't a name that stands out like it did with Isabella... They are;

Eliza
Sophia
Sienna

All of the other names are 2 syllables - it's so hard isn't it especially horrible when the due date arrives (mine was yesterday) and we haven't settled on any name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now