I really dont like many boys names :( help

(20 Posts)
DanicaJones Fri 06-Sep-13 00:52:30

I'm the same OP, but I saw a nice name "Keir" on here the other day. I like Jack too.

Frangepani Thu 05-Sep-13 00:18:34

Go with Theo if you like it - goes well with both George and Jack.
Mogz - if Calvin reminds you of underwear, how about Cavin? I've only ever heard of one - he's a good friend of my son. Some good Scottish names are Alistair, Alexander, Callum, Cameron, Findlay, Graeme, Lewis and Jamie (our son's name).

StitchingMoss Mon 02-Sep-13 21:31:38

Oh, and OP I love the name Theo - sounds awful with our surname or we would have used it!

StitchingMoss Mon 02-Sep-13 21:31:02

"I don't like boys' names" confused

Seriously????

How can you not like any boys' names??

Spongingbobsunderpants Mon 02-Sep-13 21:28:44

sonly only the girls in our family can claim that genetic beauty
grin

bridgetsmum Mon 02-Sep-13 19:35:39

I like Theo

My fave boys named are:
Declan
James
John
Daniel

sonlypuppyfat Mon 02-Sep-13 19:33:40

Only if they've got hairy arses!

TwoTearsInABucket Mon 02-Sep-13 19:33:32

I don't like boys names. And I am having another boy. DS1's name chosen 4 days before he was born and was off my husbands list. Even now I'm not sure I like it! But it's his name and I love him.

Theo is bearable, but then I don't like boys names. We have chosen this baby's name already but I am still meh about it.

Littlecherublegs Mon 02-Sep-13 19:32:31

Theo is lovely, almost made our shortlist!

On our shortlist were:
Nathan
Joseph
Leon
Zachary

Also like:
Leo
Anthony
Christian
Jacob
Dominic

If I was a bit braver I'd maybe go for:
Linus
Amos
Cornelius
Silas

Hope you find a name you love!

Spongingbobsunderpants Mon 02-Sep-13 19:30:20

s'ok sonly each to their own. I'm not offended. If I was, I've got two burly sons to come and duff you up...grin

Spongingbobsunderpants Mon 02-Sep-13 19:29:01

I've always liked the name Ted or Teddy for a boy (already one in my family so couldn't use it) - short for Theodore not just Edward.

miffybun73 Mon 02-Sep-13 19:28:42

The only boys names that I really love are Daniel/Dan and Joseph/Joe.

Probably no help to you as you must have thought of them and discounted them.

Theo is nice so go for that if you really like it.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 02-Sep-13 19:28:06

Oh sorry

Spongingbobsunderpants Mon 02-Sep-13 19:27:25

and for the record sonly, I've never ever thought the same Sidney was 'cute'! I was more concerned when I named them, they were too cockney manly.

Spongingbobsunderpants Mon 02-Sep-13 19:25:34

I've got a Sid and a Stan!

scarletforya Mon 02-Sep-13 19:23:38

I really like Theo and Theodore.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 02-Sep-13 19:21:04

Why oh why do people pick cute names. The baby you are naming will grow into a great big hairy arsed bloke who will not appreciate being called Sidney

MyNameIsSuz Mon 02-Sep-13 19:14:21

I love Theo, though I'd have had it as Theodore, but DH hated it sad. Of your two middle names I prefer George.

If you like Sidney, what about Stanley? What is it you like about it?

Also, Calvin is lovely! We wouldn't be able to use it as we have a Franklin so can't have another 'in' ending, which is a shame as I also love Austin.

Mogz Mon 02-Sep-13 13:28:07

I've got the same dilemma. Due in December, don't know what we're having but it had better be a girl because I am useless with boy's names!
The only suggestion DH has come up with is Calvin, he's a comic book geek but it just makes me think of underpants!

Theo is nice though, unusual but in a good way. I like Sidney too, but might be a bit bias as it was my paternal grandfather's name.

Do you have any cultural roots you can draw upon? We've been looking at Scottish names as DH's parents are Scots. How about book/film characters?

staceyemma Mon 02-Sep-13 11:58:29

Hi there!

Im due in December smile

The only name me and hubby can agree on is Theo George or Theo Jack which is nice I think? hmm

I really liked the name sidney hubby laughed when I said Sidney but I thought Sid was quite cute lol grin

anyone have a ny nice names Ive been through list after list and nothing really stands out to me.

should I just go with Theo

One person took the p* out of the name sayin Theo with a lisp..
They also said what if he can't say 'Th' grrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now