Daisy Ella Samantha

(26 Posts)
Daisybooboo Thu 29-Aug-13 12:45:50

Opinions?

Tiredemma Thu 29-Aug-13 12:50:06

Lovely- DP wants Daisy for DC3

toobreathless Thu 29-Aug-13 13:11:15

Daisy is OK, not my thing (too twee) but a perfectly pleasant name

Ella seems a bit nicknamey, I prefer either Daisy Samantha or Daisy Samsntha Ella?

WhoNickedMyName Thu 29-Aug-13 13:12:57

Ditch Samantha.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Thu 29-Aug-13 14:13:44

Daisy - nice for a child, less so for an adult
Ella - nice, but very popular
Samantha - best of the three

Choccyhobnob Thu 29-Aug-13 14:22:56

If I remember your last thread then Samantha is non negotiable as it's a family name and you seem pretty set on Daisy. Daisy Ella is much much better than Daisy Belle and Daisy Ella Samantha is nice smile

TheCountessOlenska Thu 29-Aug-13 14:57:25

I'd drop the Ella - Daisy Ella too cutesy and very "in" at the mo so will date quickly. Daisy Samantha is very nice.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Thu 29-Aug-13 15:12:45

Samantha Daisy

everlong Thu 29-Aug-13 15:44:11

Samantha doesn't go with Daisy or Ella for that.

Samantha is very 70's/80's where as the others are more noughties.

Iwantacat Thu 29-Aug-13 17:32:05

Ditch Samantha!

Didn't you post this before?

Daisy is nice. Daisy Ella sounds silly to me, sorry. Don't like Samantha.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 29-Aug-13 17:39:21

If you want Samantha then why not just use it for the first name? It's less modern-old-style than Daisy and Ella and they just don't work together.

You could choose Samantha Daisy...

AmandapandtheNightmareMonsters Thu 29-Aug-13 17:43:34

I remember your other thread.

I still think that you need something more definite and strong in the middle. I've heard people say that names where the end sound of the first name and the first syllable of the second name match or are too similar merge. Daisy Ella does that. It sounds hyphenated even though it isn't. Day-see-ella.

I still think that, if you are set on Daisy and Samantha is a family name, Daisy Samantha X would be better. Daisy Samantha Ella fine, though personally I think Ella sounds a bit 'filler' and I'd probably go with just Daisy Samantha. Or something stronger like Daisy Samantha Louise.

toobreathless Thu 29-Aug-13 18:03:37

Just realised that 'Samantha Ella' sounds a bit like Salmonella....ignore that suggestion of mine!

LauraChant Thu 29-Aug-13 18:04:44

I think it is nice and Samantha is fine in there

Charotte31 Thu 29-Aug-13 18:09:34

Samantha is awful! Sorry it just so 80s

Isthiscorrect Thu 29-Aug-13 18:10:00

Nope they will call her Des. Sorry OP.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 29-Aug-13 19:28:32

Laura yes but OP wants it for sentimental reasons. I do think OP though that you'll have to choose a name which doesn't "go" or choose another name for the first name. I don't think Samantha is ugly...it's just a bit dated but so what?

I think you should look at new first names and let Daisy go myself...it's VERY popular. So your DD could be one of many in her school.

What about Rose Samantha? Or Samantha Rose?

I liked Samantha Louise that someone else said...and then there's
Eleri Samantha....

Kaekae Fri 30-Aug-13 00:25:01

I find Daisy boring and overused, sorry. We have four in DS class know as Daisy B, Daisy H etc.

kiwik Fri 30-Aug-13 00:45:23

Daisy is a bit twee for my taste, and I hate it combined with Ella.
I prefer Samantha by far - Samantha Eleanor or Samantha Margaret
Actually I prefer both Eleanor and Margaret to Samantha, so would use one of those as the first name and Samantha as a middle name.

looki Fri 30-Aug-13 01:19:44

I'm not a fan of the name Daisy (quite irrationally tbh but to me its a pet name and not a 'proper' name and I don't have enough imagination to see a future with solicitors, barristers and pilots called Daisy although I'm sure this will have to be the case as there are so many cutesy names around but personally I'd name the child Margaret and call her Daisy if you are set on it). I also dislike the name Ella along with all its variations but quite like Eleanor so again would name your daughter this.

Samantha is quite dated but I like it and and like the shortened version of Sam.

I knew two friends called Sam and Ella before and they were widely known as 'Salmonella' so perhaps something to keep in mind.

TheCountessOlenska Fri 30-Aug-13 07:43:27

I always say this but I know two very high fliers named Daisy (both in their 30s) smile

Queazy Fri 30-Aug-13 10:20:50

I'd have Daisy Samantha Ella in that order

Saying 'Daisy Ella' sounds like a made up name of Daisiella.

TruJay Fri 30-Aug-13 18:29:26

Daisy seems to be such a hated name on here. I don't get it. I understand it is quite popular among little ones these days which I find odd when I see a tiny person come running when their mum calls Daisy but that's just because my younger sister Daisy is now in her 20s.

And I've never heard of any concrete evidence that your name dictates your intelligence levels but hey some people will always be small minded and judgemental.

Also I like the name Daisy even if it didn't belong to my awesome sis!

She's never had any negative comments growing up but back then she was the only one in her entire school both primary and secondary.

kelda Fri 30-Aug-13 18:30:34

Daisy Samantha is lovely. You don't need to put the Ella in, it doesn't go at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now