Audrey

(32 Posts)
ToddCranes Fri 23-Aug-13 16:29:53

My favourite name for a girl.

Doesn't really go with my son's name and both begin with 'A'. Think Frigg.

RoadToTuapeka Mon 26-Aug-13 09:02:43

Audrey is lovely!

gallicgirl Mon 26-Aug-13 09:35:54

I love it and wanted it for my DD but partner vetoed it.

I vetoed ALL his Woody Allen suggestions in retaliation.

doingthesplitz Wed 04-Sep-13 17:01:03

I don't really like it to be honest, but at the same time it's nice to see some of those 1950s, school story type names coming back into fashion. I heard a father at a party recently addressing his small daughter as 'Dorothy' and a couple up the road have named their twins Hilary and Margot.

scaevola Wed 04-Sep-13 17:09:55

Coronation Street - major current character, long-running (since 1970s) in one of the most watched telly programmes there is.

Or is it a Corrie name you want, just without the 'A'? If so, then Gail, Deirdre, Blanche, Rita, Betty, Elsie, Ena, Sally, Emily, Hayley, Racquelle, Ivy, Janine?

ElleCloughie Fri 06-Sep-13 10:11:31

My cousin and his wife chose this for their first child about five years ago. A few of us were a little unsure about it at first, mostly due to associations with Audreys in their 80s, but it suits her perfectly and I can't imagine a better name for her.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 06-Sep-13 11:03:48

Audrey is lovely. I think your liking for it will override any niggling doubts over two first names starting with A.

Mumblyboo Fri 06-Sep-13 12:23:18

It has made my list too so I def like it. I have a dd2 with another A name but it wouldn't put me off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now