if you and your dh couldn't agree on a name..

(31 Posts)

how did you decide in the end? baby girl is now 3 days old, we both have a favourite that the other isn't taken by and can't find a neutral option.

we are under pressure too, and have canvassed loads of opinion which has resolved nothing but made it seem competitive...

its not good!

thanks

Coconutty Fri 23-Aug-13 16:26:40

What about looking at totally different names:

Kiera, Dorothy, Violet, Sadie, Leonora, Lila etc until you both go, YES!

LentilAsAnything Fri 23-Aug-13 18:24:02

Congratulations on your new arrival.

Didn't have your problem as DH and I agreed on names before we even started TTC, and I'm not sure if this even works, but you could try putting his chosen name and your chosen name in here: nymbler.com/ as it throws out suggestions based on what you input, and see if it finds you a name that you both like! Hth!

so an update! were home and I've had a shower and we are trialling the one we first though of and it seems good!

I feel much calmer now - if it doesn't fit we will change it!

(Georgina BTW)

and my advice is: don't discuss with anyone else next time!

exoticfruits Fri 23-Aug-13 22:54:57

Well done! Georgina is a lovely name. I never understand why people discuss it with others first.

Frikadellen Sat 24-Aug-13 00:11:34

Georgina is a pretty name..

I am another who is of the opinion of " you keep going until you agree"

none ofmy children have my favourite names.. but they all have beautiful names..

Onyabike Sat 24-Aug-13 00:22:50

Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby girl! Georgina is a really lovely name - a great choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now