Middle name for Claudia?

(66 Posts)
CruCru Tue 20-Aug-13 09:49:28

I am fairly fixed on Claudia for our DD who is due at the end of next month. I am trying to think of middle names - so far I've come up with:

Claudia Minerva (DH will hate this)
Claudia Eve or Eva
Claudia Elizabeth

Our surname is one syllable and begins with R. What else should I consider?

FiddleDeeDees Sat 24-Aug-13 14:15:40

Another vote for Claudia Elizabeth... that's my daughter's name! Elizabeth was my gran's name, hence the choice. But I also think it just metres nicely and sounds rather elegant...

Cloudkitten Sat 24-Aug-13 14:46:32

Claudia Meredith
Claudia Madeleine
Claudia Imogen
Claudia Emily
Claudia Harriet
Claudia Juliet
Claudia Briony

Cloudkitten Sat 24-Aug-13 14:49:53

I do like Elizabeth as a mn but I don't think it rolls off the tongue that well with Claudia... it creates a "Stop. Start" effect and I also think it's a bit of a tongue-twister. Also, (this is going to sound odd!) I feel that Claudia is a subtle, blue-green name and Elizabeth is a brasher, bolder, orange-yellow name... and Elizabeth almost eclipses Claudia, because it's more "look at me"... but Claudia is so subtle, and beautiful, it requires a middle name that complements it and I feel (IMHO) that Elizabeth challenges it.

MummyBeerest Sat 24-Aug-13 15:00:56

Claudia is a gorgeous name. I've mentioned it before, but there was a Claudia in my class who was one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met. Her, and Jasmine.

Claudia Jasmine sounds pretty.

CruCru Sat 24-Aug-13 15:06:10

That's an interesting idea, Cloud. Of your suggestions I think I like Claudia Madeleine and Claudia Harriet best.

Karbea Sat 24-Aug-13 15:11:52

Claudia Anne?

I know it's a bit of an older name, but this it sounds nice :/

Dackyduddles Sat 24-Aug-13 15:13:18

Claudia Jean - CJ - off westwing. Not bad character to reference!

CityGal29 Sat 24-Aug-13 19:19:11

Love Claudia Juliet. Adore Claudia fantastic choice! Met one on holiday last week with her sister Clementine.

CruCru Sun 15-Sep-13 23:24:59

What do you think of Claudia Mary?

LeoandBoosmum Mon 16-Sep-13 02:02:30

I think you need a name that starts with a consonant. Names beginning with vowels are going to sound a bit awkward, imho. I like Claudia Jane or Claudia Joy (as already suggested). I also like Claudia Faith and Claudia Neve are pretty, I think.

LeoandBoosmum Mon 16-Sep-13 02:06:17

Hmmm... Claudia Mary is nice but do you think Claudia Marie sounds even nicer? smile

CruCru Mon 16-Sep-13 10:32:31

I would like Claudia Marie except the greater emphasis on the "r" sounds funny with our surname (one syllable, beginning with R).

LeoandBoosmum Mon 16-Sep-13 16:42:51

Ahhh... Claudia Mary is nice though smile

BlackholesAndRevelations Mon 16-Sep-13 18:44:21

I wouldn't have three syllables followed by three more syllables, if you see what I mean. Claudia Jane flows best from the options above, in my opinion.

NachoAddict Mon 16-Sep-13 18:58:49

I really like Claudia Elizabeth or Claudia Alice.

Claudia Louise
Claudia Felicity
Claudia Saide
Claudia Maya
Claudia Melanie
Claudia Nadine

Ambassadoryouarespoilingme Mon 16-Sep-13 19:39:55

We have a Claudia Mimi.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now