Cassia

(51 Posts)
FingersCrossedLegsNot Sun 18-Aug-13 23:26:00

My dh has just announced that he loves the name Cassia to my absolute glee!! We prefer the pronounciation Cass ee ah.

So what do you think? Do you know any and what is the response to their name? Also (and I hate using this word) but would it be seen as chavvy blush

Thanks in advance!

BelieveinWigan Sat 24-Aug-13 17:13:41

Love it

I love it - sounds classical not chavvy In the slightest to my ears

FetaCheeny Thu 22-Aug-13 13:49:21

I love this name! Never heard it except on mumsnet.

Cassia Primrose is beautiful grin

I really like Cassia.

It reminds me of DH's family golden retriever who is called Cassie so we wouldn't be able to use it, but it is a very pretty name. I read it the way you would like it pronounced.

Hulababy Thu 22-Aug-13 01:29:02

Dd had a friend at nursery called Cassia (cass ee ah) - she would be 10 or 11 now.

lisianthus Thu 22-Aug-13 01:00:59

I like it. It's an unusual flower name you don't come across often, although it it becoming more popular in Australia. Def Cass ee a like the tree, not cashier though.

squoosh Wed 21-Aug-13 11:50:09

I would pronounce it as Cash-a just like the very popular Polish girl's name Kasia. Certainly don't think it sounds 'trashy' hmm

Don't like the Cass-e-ah pronunciation as much.

FingersCrossedLegsNot Wed 21-Aug-13 11:09:14

Frikadellen I have never heard of the names Adie and Denna, they are very sweet!

I'm so excited that we have finally found our name....it has been a very long journey! Cassia Primrose......swoon.....happy little dance blush

SuffolkNWhat Wed 21-Aug-13 00:31:58

Cassia is a beautiful name. It's one of the protagonists in the YA dystopian Matched trilogy.

Frikadellen Wed 21-Aug-13 00:29:00

Eli and Cassia goes well together.. the Eli I know has sisters called Adie and Denna

Frikadellen Wed 21-Aug-13 00:28:15

its a beautiful name.

printmeanicephoto Wed 21-Aug-13 00:16:36

Lovely.

HeirToTheIronThrone Tue 20-Aug-13 13:36:40

I would never think it was said 'Cash-a' either. It's very pretty, and Cass is a cool nickname as well.

FingersCrossedLegsNot Tue 20-Aug-13 13:33:10

Cassia has definitely moved to number one spot on our list. Do you think it goes with ds Eli? Also what other names do you think may go with it, as ideally we would like another (and I like planning ahead).

WafflyVersatile Mon 19-Aug-13 16:46:10

I know a Cassia. She's a lovely little girl.

Also pronounced Cah see ah.

FingersCrossedLegsNot Mon 19-Aug-13 16:43:32

Yeah, I love the pronounciation Cassie ah and really dislike Cash ah, though I would never in a million years have thought to pronounce it Cash ah, only that I saw it on some forums!

MizK Mon 19-Aug-13 16:37:35

Cassie-ah, usually nicknamed Cass smile I don't really like casha as a pronunciation but nobody has used that for her so far....

FingersCrossedLegsNot Mon 19-Aug-13 16:33:51

MizK what way do you pronounce it? I have never met a Cassia either I don't imagine that I will, I'm really surprised its not more commonly used as every time I finda name I like its either super popular or on the up!

MizK Mon 19-Aug-13 16:20:17

I have a Cassia, (aged 2), and I love her name...well I would I suppose! Never met another, and have had lots of compliments on her pretty name. (And a 'hilarious' uncle who calls her Casio).

I liked it because it isn't too out there but still uncommon enough to avoid tons of her friends and classmates having the same name (my own name v popular when I was born so was always one of many!)

Good luck with choosing smile

FingersCrossedLegsNot Mon 19-Aug-13 16:10:32

We could have sisters Cassia and Cinnamon.....TOTALLY JOKING btw!

FingersCrossedLegsNot Mon 19-Aug-13 16:08:49

Oh SleepyCatOnTheMat hippy/indy/alternative would be a category I would happily live with grin

bootsycollins Mon 19-Aug-13 16:08:05

I've looked it up and it's Greek and also a member of the legume family, related to cinnamon smile

SleepyCatOnTheMat Mon 19-Aug-13 16:06:02

I would say Cassia is hippy/indy/alternative.

valiumredhead Mon 19-Aug-13 14:54:36

Polish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now