Anyone remember me and my Beauden thread?

(101 Posts)
frettingmum Wed 14-Aug-13 22:34:07

Hello

Does anyone remember me? You wonderful people totally put me off the name Beauden and gave me a really tough time ; )). In the end we had baby Skyler who is now almost three!!!

Well, here I am again. And I need help. Again. How about Beauden; ). Seriously, I need another girl's soft nature name. I've considered

Luna (someone said it seemed dark with the moon links and now not sure)

Echo (probably just too crazy)

Indigo (someone mentioned the Indigo children)

Meadow (bit too much like a clump of grass)

Any thoughts on these? And any other ideas. I've got a feeling this little one will be having a nature name starting with 'I' or 'E' but I haven't found it yet!!

KittenCaboodle Sun 18-Aug-13 22:18:37

Meadow makes me think of a cow. It just isn't a child's name.

JacqueslePeacock Sun 18-Aug-13 18:18:24

BTW, if you are worried about nicknames, I'd say Loony from Luna would be much more obvious a problem than Ass from Aspen, Aster, etc.

JacqueslePeacock Sun 18-Aug-13 18:17:19

I knew a beautiful girl called Aster once, after the flower. Would that work? She never had it shortened (to ass or anything else), as far as I know.

Linnet is definitely a girl's name, not a boy's name. Have you read the great Children of Green Knowe books? There's a girl in there called Linnet.

Alternatively, what about Sorrel? That's a nice nature name for a girl.

largeginandtonic Sun 18-Aug-13 12:22:50

Beau. Great name for a boy.

Like Echo, Rainbow and Wolf. Wolfie was on the list for my last baby.

cuillereasoupe Sun 18-Aug-13 12:13:19

How about Bree? Could remind you of gentle breeze.

Or cheese...

Talking of breezes, how about Zephyr or Sirocco?

kelda Sun 18-Aug-13 09:12:12

I remember the Beauden threadgrin

What about Isabeau?

Delphine
Ray

FrauGrau Sun 18-Aug-13 09:02:30

Echo can also be spelled Ekho. Somehow I prefer that

ZolaBuddleia Sun 18-Aug-13 08:03:22

I remember you too!!

Astrid - or would your DH be totally unreasonable worried about the 'ass' thing too?

dinkydonky Sat 17-Aug-13 22:51:13

Acacia
Hazel
Clover
Dahlia (or Delia?)
Ferne
Fleur
Jasmine
Lotus
Brooke
Sienna
Violet
Enya
Ashley
Coral
Estelle
Sorrel
Teal
Calla (I LOVE this!)
Laurel

Bit more mainstream
Ava
Iris
Ivy

frettingmum Sat 17-Aug-13 21:21:21

Thanks so much for taking the time to think and then post your suggestions!!! I feel so guilty that nothing else has grabbed me yet : ((. Actually, that's not quite true. Kind of like Linnet and Cirrus but for a boy. Again River is lovely for a boy. And I like Summer but not with Autumn. A reason I discounted Winter for a boy. You have also identified one of our two top names for a boy - Aspen. Dh thinks he might be nicknamed Ass though.

Favourites tonight are still Luna and Meadow.

HansieMom Sat 17-Aug-13 18:37:09

How about Bree? Could remind you of gentle breeze.

mathanxiety Sat 17-Aug-13 18:34:22

I know someone named Symphony, Simi for short. Twouldn't be my cup of tea but not an unattractive name (inspired by recall of the name Sonnet).

And your old name makes me suggest Nevada.
Which makes me think of Sierra...

JacqueslePeacock Sat 17-Aug-13 18:33:03

What about Linnet? At least as nice as Sonnet, without the "sod it" problem. And a Linnet is a beautiful bird.

Rhubarbgarden Sat 17-Aug-13 15:00:48

Actually, Cirrus is rather nice.

KittenCaboodle Sat 17-Aug-13 13:20:06

>Do you want a more abstract, general nature name rather than the name of a specific plant, rock, cloud formation etc?

Love this as an idea...

Cirrus
Cumulonimbus nimbus???! grin. (Sorry OP)

Iamnormalish Sat 17-Aug-13 12:17:33

Summer
River
Saffron
Aspen
Harmony
Serenity/Serene/Serena
Dawn
Savannah

VelvetStrider Sat 17-Aug-13 12:06:31

I remember you! Arizonagirl/Mike1964?

Do you want a more abstract, general nature name rather than the name of a specific plant, rock, cloud formation etc?

I'll have a think! smile

cuillereasoupe Sat 17-Aug-13 11:53:00

FWIW, I've never encountered Boden as a name in France either, but Bote means "messenger" in German.

TiredyCustards Sat 17-Aug-13 07:46:36

I know a little girl called Nova.

Has anyone said Wren?

frettingmum Fri 16-Aug-13 23:19:35

By the way, if Skyler had been a girl we had a name we loved - Sonnet. But I told my mum when Skyler was born and she said "good job it's a boy. Sonnet sounds like 'sod it' : /

frettingmum Fri 16-Aug-13 23:17:29

Hmm. Some nice suggestions there. Perhaps I should hang on to Indigo for now. Coconutty - I already have an Autumn. I have two others as well but didn't want to name them all for recognition. They're all nature names though and I love them all.

Rhubarbgarden Fri 16-Aug-13 23:00:11

How about Satine? I think it goes very nicely with Skyler.

Tortoise Fri 16-Aug-13 22:40:49

thisisyesterday Nice to see someone else who thinks the same as me re indigo. Indie is a cute nn.

Susandeath Fri 16-Aug-13 22:40:24

Seren - Welsh for star. my phone autocorrected to Serenity, which I also think is nice.

Coconutty Fri 16-Aug-13 22:30:29

Or Autumn?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now