Hebe Theodora or Dulcie Clementine?

(172 Posts)

Pick your favourite please grin

(Dulcie Theodora might work too,but I don't like Hebe Clementine)

LeGavrOrf Tue 06-Aug-13 10:06:14

Dulcie Iris
Dulcie Minerva
Dulcie Evelyn

Clementine Louisa
Clementine Nancy
Clementine Frances

LeGavrOrf Tue 06-Aug-13 10:06:55

I love Elvis.

(What's your son's name) <nosy>

Dejected Tue 06-Aug-13 10:07:16

I love Dulcie and I love Theodora. I am not sure how you pronounce Hebe. Clementine is ok but not my favourite out of the options!

gymboywalton Tue 06-Aug-13 10:07:30

clementine is pretty
the rest are bloody awful sorry

hebe?? can you really say the name hebe and not automatically think 'heebie jeebies?'

maybe you should have a poll and ask people what their first thought is when hthey hear hebe? i bet a lot of [people will thik hebiee jeebies!

noddyholder Tue 06-Aug-13 10:08:52

Theodora nn teddy is lovely. My son is called Jesse which is a MN no no!

HystericalParoxysm Tue 06-Aug-13 10:10:17

Where I come from, hebe means bogey. Dulcie is probably the least awful of those names.

LeGavrOrf Tue 06-Aug-13 10:11:07

Hebe rhymes with Phoebe dejected.

I don't think heebie jeebies, just know it is a name of a goddess and a plant.

LeGavrOrf Tue 06-Aug-13 10:11:32

What the bloody hell is wrong with Jesse? It's a lovely name.

We can't have a long first name as the surname is double barrelled.
So clementine and Theodora have to be mn if they're to be included.

I have to say,despite most people hating it,I do still really love Dulcie Theodora ...although DP would take some convincing to not use Hebe.

minipie Tue 06-Aug-13 10:13:00

What kind of names does your DH like? you said 90s hippy names... in my head that means India, Scarlett, not sure what else...

noddyholder Tue 06-Aug-13 10:14:10

What about Blythe (tried to live out own fantasy girls name via someone elses child)

Jesse is lovely,and actually is already on my boys list grin

I did have a thread about Hebe actually gymboy it didn't go as badly as this one wink

noddyholder Tue 06-Aug-13 10:14:59

tries even!

Dejected Tue 06-Aug-13 10:16:11

Thank you LeGavrOrf I wasn't sure if it was pronounced heebee or heb.

UpThe I think Dulcie Theodora is a lovely name.

Jellyandicecreamplease Tue 06-Aug-13 10:16:56

Sorry don't really like them. Although I know 1 Dulcie. Hebe makes me think of the plant in our garden.

Do the shop test - can you imagine yourself shouting X come here in a crowded shop - if you can't it is not the right name

noddyholder Tue 06-Aug-13 10:17:59

I NEVER shout in shops (shudders)

gymboywalton Tue 06-Aug-13 10:19:13

for me, i try to imagine the child as a teenager or adult walking into a room full of strangers and introducing themselves.

' Hi, i am hebe'.....[cue lots of people wondering i they have heard correctly and saying 'phoebe?' ]

Love Blythe,DP doesn't.

He doesn't offer up many suggestions but for this and previous DC he has liked

Devendra (b)
River (b)
Phaedra (g)
Willow (g)
Phoenix (b)
Rune (b)
Papillon (g)
Sky (g)
Summer (g)
And he loves Hebe.

Our current DC are called Skye Matilda and Arlo Phoenix,so he did get to use some of them....

OrangeJuiceSandwich Tue 06-Aug-13 10:24:08

Dulce Theodora.

Clementine is frilly and poncy...not a good combo.

Jellyandicecreamplease Tue 06-Aug-13 10:24:29

Glad to hear it noddyholder - neither do I but it puts the name into perspective - would you be embarrassed by the name itself?

Jellyandicecreamplease Tue 06-Aug-13 10:25:36

Also need to think what they would sound like when attached to a 40 year old (as well as a baby)

LeGavrOrf Tue 06-Aug-13 10:26:28

If he likes Sky what about Schuyler (Dutch name, pronounced sky-ler).

I like the sound of Phaedra but the Greek myth it comes from is a bit grim, so wouldn't like the connotations.

If he likes Papillon what about Phalene (grave accent above the first e which i can't work out how to do on an iPad), means moth as opposed to butterfly.

Personally I really like Hebe, i think it is really beautiful. Willow is also really pretty.

No,of course I wouldn't....why would I name my child a name I was embarrassed of? confused

noddyholder Tue 06-Aug-13 10:26:48

I don't think you need to consider any of these things Not how it sounds as a 40 yr old or if she is a solicitor blah blah It just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. If you like the name that is enough.

Theas18 Tue 06-Aug-13 10:28:20

Hebe Theodora for me, it's lovely!

Actually I think they all " go" with your other childrens names well and are all " real" names. Greek goddess names are cool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now