Middle name for Anneliese?

(14 Posts)
MultipleMama Germany Wed 24-Jul-13 21:39:06

I'm back, again. I don't think I leave this place!

We have finally settled on a name for T2; Anneliese... the name we originally started off with!

Now I can't seem to find a middle name that fits! I love Lupa (I'm a wolf therian and love the association) but not sure it flows. Do you like it? If not can you think of any other names?

Adolpha - Noble wolf (might be too close ot Adolf)

Guadalupe - Wolf Valley

Ralphina - Wolf Counsel

Raoule - Wolf Counsel

Ulrica - Power of the wolf

Ulva - Wolf

Accalia - She-wolf

Lupita - little wolf

Luperca - she-wolf

Tala - wolf (american)

these are all the female wolf names I can find. Lupin might work too, it also means the Lupin flower which might be a nice feminine touch.

Annaliese Lupin, i think that sounds good.

SelectAUserName Thu 25-Jul-13 09:54:49

Not sure about Lupa, I don't think it flows with Annaliese. Are you pronouncing it Anna-leess or Anna-leesa?

I think I'd try to go with something related to wolves but with a bit of lateral thinking involved, e.g. Romana, from Rome (Romulus & Remus suckled by wolves) or Tasha, which is the Caddo word for wolf, Caddo being a native American dialect.

SelectAUserName Thu 25-Jul-13 09:56:32

Apologies for spelling Anneliese with an 'a' in the middle btw - I copied it from the poster above rather than your OP.

Of all of them I prefer the flow of Tala. Could you possibly try and use wolf names from literature?

MultipleMama Germany Thu 25-Jul-13 10:48:37

selectausername It will be pronounced anne-liese and apology not needed, easy mistake to do and not intentional. It doesn't have to be wolf but wolf related would be nice

jam I like Asena from the Turkish legend but doesn't flow quite right. But I am looking into literature, myths etc. I like Tala but DH not keen.

badtime Thu 25-Jul-13 10:59:38

I have a Swedish friend called 'Ylva' (pronounced somewhere between ilva and eelva), which means wolf.

MultipleMama Germany Thu 25-Jul-13 11:37:48

What do you think of Frances after Saint Francis?

My MIL suggested the name when I mentioned baby names; she said my love of animals reminds her of him. At first I was sceptical because I'm no where near religious and don't appreciate some of their "teachings" but she told me a few stories about him and how he even blessed at wolf.

Anneliese Frances does it flow? What do you think?

SelectAUserName Thu 25-Jul-13 11:53:32

I think Anneliese Frances is a lovely name and the animal loving element makes it more meaningful.

Does it flow with the surname? Do the initials make something unintentionally funny? (My DDs initials are a famous shop, which we didn't realise until we announced it, then many many people sniggeringly helpfully pointed it out. blush

MultipleMama Germany Thu 25-Jul-13 12:35:55

goodjam Her initials will be AFA so I don't think it effects anything and it goes well with the surname. I don't think that was nice of people to do. They could have not said anything.

It's OK, they knew we'd take it well, I hope she does as she grows up! Poor mite is DFS! Maybe we should have gone for MNS? (M&S?) grin

I like your name choices. It took us a week to name DD! Our friends and family were getting very impatient. blush

The 'ese/ess' sound works well with a vowel surname, IYSWIM?

Anneliese Frances its a great name. Love the meaning too.

MultipleMama Germany Thu 25-Jul-13 19:55:40

goodjam I'm sure DFS will be out of business by the time she grows up!

fanjodi Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now