Settle a debate....

(79 Posts)
AndieDisestablishment Tue 23-Jul-13 16:33:57

It's very early days but DP and I already have very clear thoughts on baby names. We agree on Flynn for a boy but are battling it out over girl's names.
He wants Luna (after his favourite Harry Potter character) and I want Arya (after my favourite Game of Thrones character). I've said I'll accept Luna as a middle name but he's being stubborn. Both names fit us as people (I am Pagan, he's a geek) and have nice meanings (Luna meaning moon and Arya meaning noble/trustworthy/air).
We already have a Logan, Rowan, Keeley and Mason (and if anyone who knows us is on here I have just outed myself, hi!) but I don't know which would be the best fit.

toobreathless Tue 06-Aug-13 21:06:34

LOVE Luna, how do you province Arya? I think I like it too but can't picture it in my mind.

I suspect we have similar criteria & my girls are Hazel (plant/reconciliation) & Celeste (heavenly)

toobreathless Tue 06-Aug-13 21:07:09

LOVE Flynn too.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Tue 06-Aug-13 21:14:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chattychattyboomba Thu 08-Aug-13 00:36:37

Hehem... Hello.
Arya is a lovely name. As is Aria.
My DD is Ariana and we get compliments on her name almost daily. If anyone makes the Connection about nazi's that's just silly. It is originally a Persian name and means 'silver'.
It is pronounced Uh-ri-uh-na.
Aria is Sanskrit and is a unisex name.
Arianna with 2 n's is quite obviously ah-ri-ah-na
I may be biased by I prefer the name Arya. It just sounds prettier. Luna may mean moon but our friend has a crazy cocker spaniel named Luna and quite frankly she's a lunatic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now