Girl's list

(36 Posts)
Rtfairy Sun 21-Jul-13 19:27:45

I am having a baby girl in November and am currently considering following names. Please could I have your honest opinions, also middle name will probably be Joy or Elizabeth:

Holly
Daisy
Jasmine
Willow

Thanks smile

Shylepite Tue 23-Jul-13 01:38:37

Willow Joy smile

Sunnysummer Tue 23-Jul-13 03:59:10

Holly and Willow! Jasmine is also nice, but to me Daisy is gorgeous for a little girl but less for a grownup.

Wbdn28 Tue 23-Jul-13 09:37:54

Holly Elizabeth - too many Ls
Willow - Elizabeth - too many Ls
Holly Joy - combination is too Christmassy
Jasmine Joy - too matchy

Daisy Elizabeth - like
Jasmine Elizabeth - like
Daisy Joy - like
Willow Joy - like

Rtfairy Sat 27-Jul-13 21:01:53

Thank you for all the replies, we have now added Freya to the list, any thoughts on Freya in comparison to the other names on my list?

Writerwannabe83 Sat 27-Jul-13 21:06:54

Not sure on Willow - but only because personally I don't like children being named after non-name things I.e Willow Tree grin

My husband likes the name Jasmine but I'm not keen for the same reason - isn't that a herb or a flower of some sort???

All 4 of your 'options' are kind of flower/tree related, is that on purpose or pure coincidence??

I don't think any baby should be called Holly unless it is born on Christmas Day grin

I used to have a hamster called Daisy when I was younger, I loved her to pieces.

I like Daisy the most out of your list smile

Writerwannabe83 Sat 27-Jul-13 21:07:34

ps) I like Freya the most just because it is a 'name' name grin

squeak2392 Sun 28-Jul-13 02:51:08

I like Holly Elizabeth.

I'll admit to be biassed towards Holly, but I honestly just don't like Daisy and Jasmine.
Willow doesn't make me cringe like they do but I'm still not keen.

FetaCheeny Sun 28-Jul-13 10:45:16

I like Willow and Jasmine then Daisy. Think they are all nice but dislike Holly and Freya. Holly has been used far too much in my age group for me to still like it, and Freya is bland compared with the others. My only concern with Willow is would she get called Willy? I don't know any in real life so not sure.

looki Sun 28-Jul-13 11:36:14

None of them are to my taste but I like both your middle names!

Lainyneal30 Tue 30-Jul-13 22:35:48

I like Willow the best! I'm having a baby girl too but her surname will be Williams! Otherwise I would have Willow!

I like

Daisy Elizabeth (Was one of pour choices too!)
Freya Elizabeth

I agree Holly Joy too Christmassy.

The two Jasmines I have known have been shortened to Jaz which I don't like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now