What kind of name/boy is Lucas?

(35 Posts)
hawkmcqueen Sat 20-Jul-13 20:56:58

Hi there

So first post for this pregnancy! Only 14 weeks but name obsessed as usual! So was just considering the name Lucas - I noticed it for the first time and then didn't realise it's in the top 30 names.

I have never met a Lucas so do you know any? What are they like? Do you know any children with this name? Or any general impressions?

Thanks!

P.S. I don't know sex yet of course but am convinced it's a boy this time!

saffronwblue Sat 27-Jul-13 09:03:20

I know a gorgeous 15 year old one. He is smart, polite, independent and an all around good guy. He is the brother of Will.

eatyourveg Sat 27-Jul-13 09:01:05

I know a Lucas, a Luca and a Luke - all teenagers.

Luca is the most extrovert, Luke the most introvert, Lucas somewhere in the middle.

Queazy Sat 27-Jul-13 08:52:58

I much prefer Luke if you're considering that too xx

ch1134 Sat 27-Jul-13 08:40:31

Lucas is a nice name. I know of a few, it's gaining popularity. The ones I know have mums who are young, fun, a bit 'left', a bit foreign... they are yummy mummies.

stopgap Wed 24-Jul-13 19:21:32

I have a Lucas (age two) and he is a beautiful little boy, who is both serious and bookish (well, as bookish as a toddler can be...) and a goof.

I'm from an Italian background, so wanted something classic but with a slight Euro edge.

NowPlayingZone Tue 23-Jul-13 13:09:11

Lucas is lovely.

He has a brother called Dylan & they are cute little boys who have the kind of names that don't particularly label them as any class/behaviour etc.

Neutral but nice.

usualsuspect Sun 21-Jul-13 16:28:16

The Lucas I know is a lovely little boy.

YoungBritishPissArtist Sun 21-Jul-13 16:24:46

I knew one briefly as a baby. English father, French/German mother, so I think continental grin

SandStorm Sun 21-Jul-13 16:24:28

Lucas is a very popular name round here so I know lovely ones and ones I would cross the street to avoid. (not much help)

Well I only know one Lucas and I'm rather fond of him grin

Look how pretty

I liked it for this brat face if she'd been a boy, the letters together are really pleasing to my eye - all the recent threads about seeing names as colours I seem to choose names on 'pretty' spellings hmm

My mates wee nephew is 3 1/2 and a cute wee blonde headed bundle of crazy grin

TruJay Sun 21-Jul-13 10:55:12

We know of 5, one being hubby's 3 yr old cousin. He's a lovely little boy, quite shy and all Lucas's we know seem to be blonde! It seems to be popular around 2year olds upwards and haven't heard of any recent babies being called it so may not be as popular when ur little one arrives.

If u love a name, use it x

RoxyFox211 Sun 21-Jul-13 08:54:19

I know a Lucas, think its a lovely name smile

obviouslyneedsupernanny Sun 21-Jul-13 08:50:28

I have a Lucas!

katolla Sun 21-Jul-13 08:49:27

There are three at baby group!

hawkmcqueen Sat 20-Jul-13 22:19:49

Thanks all, even though it's a mixed bag I still really like it. Thanks mummies for telling me about your lovely boys :-) I am also safe using it in my region as it's very uncommon! So that's that added to the short list! (I'll be back in a few months I reckon asking for more opinions). Cheers :-)

Oldandcobwebby Sat 20-Jul-13 22:17:22

Lucas is a surname. My first thought is of the old joke - Joseph Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

Ahem, TSC.

<<eyebrow>>

wink

Broodzilla Sat 20-Jul-13 21:53:09

Acrabadabra: I could've written your post! smile Mine is with a k though, but other than that, spot on. grin

absentmindeddooooodles Sat 20-Jul-13 21:49:32

I like it. There's a few around here. Not considered rough or common etc. Just a lovely slightly quirkier version of Luke. I k ow one Lucas who is the funniest child I've ever met. Such a happy cheeky little boy.

SkiSchoolRun Sat 20-Jul-13 21:47:55

Dd1's best friend is Lucas. He is a gorgeous little boy. Bright, polite, cute grin

TheSecondComing Sat 20-Jul-13 21:46:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mikkii Sat 20-Jul-13 21:46:28

Oops, at nursery or school and although I'm not posh, I'm not on Eastenders either, I have 3 DC!

mikkii Sat 20-Jul-13 21:45:20

I know two, one is 18, one is a baby. Both have Spanish family connections. I have never come across one t nursery o school and ave 3 DC, 9, 6, 2

Wbdn28 Sat 20-Jul-13 21:39:55

Luke is a nice name but adding "as" spoils it IMHO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now