What kind of name/boy is Lucas?

(35 Posts)
hawkmcqueen Sat 20-Jul-13 20:56:58

Hi there

So first post for this pregnancy! Only 14 weeks but name obsessed as usual! So was just considering the name Lucas - I noticed it for the first time and then didn't realise it's in the top 30 names.

I have never met a Lucas so do you know any? What are they like? Do you know any children with this name? Or any general impressions?

Thanks!

P.S. I don't know sex yet of course but am convinced it's a boy this time!

Well I only know one Lucas and I'm rather fond of him grin

Look how pretty

SandStorm Sun 21-Jul-13 16:24:28

Lucas is a very popular name round here so I know lovely ones and ones I would cross the street to avoid. (not much help)

YoungBritishPissArtist Sun 21-Jul-13 16:24:46

I knew one briefly as a baby. English father, French/German mother, so I think continental grin

usualsuspect Sun 21-Jul-13 16:28:16

The Lucas I know is a lovely little boy.

NowPlayingZone Tue 23-Jul-13 13:09:11

Lucas is lovely.

He has a brother called Dylan & they are cute little boys who have the kind of names that don't particularly label them as any class/behaviour etc.

Neutral but nice.

stopgap Wed 24-Jul-13 19:21:32

I have a Lucas (age two) and he is a beautiful little boy, who is both serious and bookish (well, as bookish as a toddler can be...) and a goof.

I'm from an Italian background, so wanted something classic but with a slight Euro edge.

ch1134 Sat 27-Jul-13 08:40:31

Lucas is a nice name. I know of a few, it's gaining popularity. The ones I know have mums who are young, fun, a bit 'left', a bit foreign... they are yummy mummies.

Queazy Sat 27-Jul-13 08:52:58

I much prefer Luke if you're considering that too xx

eatyourveg Sat 27-Jul-13 09:01:05

I know a Lucas, a Luca and a Luke - all teenagers.

Luca is the most extrovert, Luke the most introvert, Lucas somewhere in the middle.

saffronwblue Sat 27-Jul-13 09:03:20

I know a gorgeous 15 year old one. He is smart, polite, independent and an all around good guy. He is the brother of Will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now