Anna, Gabriella, Francesca or Emmeline?

(56 Posts)
Nowutterlyconfused Wed 10-Jul-13 08:23:08

I'd be really grateful for views? Sadly, we have decided to abandon Isabel, our favourite, because there seem to be so, so many of them and, obviously just like all of us on here, I was hoping to find something that was so beautiful that it felt special to us. Now hunting around for a replacement with increasing desperation. Pregnancy insomnia is a terrible thing and you can wind yourself up in complete knots in the early hours, can't you? I just really want to find her something strong and classy and elegant but I do appreciate that the less sleep you have, the less likely this is to come to pass... Please help!

DH loves Anna and I do also like it quite a lot but our surname is Arnold (hoping that is ok to say on here) and not sure whether Anna Arnold is a bit of a mouthful? I also really like Gabriella although initial reactions among family to the potential for a nn of Gabby were a bit mixed and so I was wondering about whether we could call her Ellie instead...

Views are really very much appreciated - thank you in advance for your help!

youcancallmeEl Thu 11-Jul-13 20:22:49

If you love Isabel above everything else, I would just go with that. Since your surname begins with "A" I wouldn't choose anything ending in an "a" -it doesn't flow well and people will put an "r" sound in between the two names e.g Annar Arnold. Our surname begins with a vowel and we ruled our first names ending in vowels for that reason.

youcancallmeEl Thu 11-Jul-13 20:23:26

ruled out

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 11-Jul-13 20:54:47

Zyn i think your comment on the name Emmeline says a lot more about you than it does me smile

mewkins Thu 11-Jul-13 21:57:07

I too prefer Frances to Francesca (which feels a bit 80s to me for some reason). Emmeline is really nice.

LittleNutTree Thu 11-Jul-13 23:50:55

I have a Gabriella (almost 5) and I've never shortened it, she gets annoyed if anyone tries! Having said that, her little sister found it a bit of a mouthful when she started talking and called her 'Bella' which Gabriella doesn't seem to mind at all. It's really sweet actually as she still calls her this although she can say it properly now smile

mum2bejen Fri 12-Jul-13 21:37:33

Personally I love Francesca from your list!

We had two girls names picked out - Isabel (nn Izzy) and Francesca (nn Frankie). Typically we found out that we are expecting a little boy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now