Names of little girly girls you know of?

(44 Posts)
Serenity6 Tue 09-Jul-13 17:08:41

Hi all,

I am really drawn to names that are very feminine, frilly, princess like. And those kind of names have me imagining a four year old that's very girly girl.

However, I realise there are tomboys out there with pretty dainty names such as Lily and Emily.

So I am curious, what are the names of little girls you know who are very girly? smile

stickygingerbread Wed 10-Jul-13 10:28:35

charlotte, portia and rebecca are the girliest i know.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 10-Jul-13 10:45:34

Shannon.

NigellasGuest Wed 10-Jul-13 10:50:53

I know a very girly Sienna

NigellasGuest Wed 10-Jul-13 10:53:24

I agree with the poster who said Primrose is a lovely name - I while back I read David Niven's biography, The Moon's A Balloon, which is fantastic. What a life! His wife was called Primrose, Primmie for short. She died tragically young and he loved her so much. It made me like the name. Sorry to be irrelevant....

MrsOakenshield Wed 10-Jul-13 11:12:31

There is a Grace at DD's nursery who is also far from graceful!

DD is a bit girly I suppose (dresses and dolls) and she's Ella. Don't know any adult women who I would call girly.

ElephantsAndMiasmas Wed 10-Jul-13 11:20:06

There's nothing actually wrong with being a tomboy. But if you don't want one I'm pretty sure that calling her Little-Baby-Pinkie-Daisypants won't make any difference.

BoyMeetsWorld Wed 10-Jul-13 16:56:00

Hmmm girlie girls I've known =
Katie
Gemma
Catherine
Michelle
Sophie
Louise

LalyRawr Wed 10-Jul-13 16:59:06

Phoebe & Kayleigh are the girliest girls in my life!

TheSecondComing Wed 10-Jul-13 17:00:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EstelleGetty Wed 10-Jul-13 17:02:05

Lily, Evie and Niamh are all little girly girls I know.

I know a Maisie and an Emily who are absolutely not girly girls.

What a depressing thread

Justfornowitwilldo Wed 10-Jul-13 17:11:27

I thought so.

thegreylady Wed 10-Jul-13 19:26:02

Anna-mary [always uses full name]
Lucy
Chloe Annabel
Felicity Beatrice

these are very girly girls as all four have female genitalia

telsa Wed 10-Jul-13 19:29:17

Arabella, Violet, Helen, Jacqueline

x0gawjus0x Wed 10-Jul-13 20:01:12

Princess
Alexis and Faye!

tethersend Wed 10-Jul-13 20:11:36

Dave.

TBH, if you want her to be girly, she probably will be! The clothes you buy her, the toys you buy her, the language you use with her will all have a massive influence on what she enjoys in the early years.

Ella, Niamh & Millie.

Serenity6 Thu 11-Jul-13 17:27:40

Thanks to most of you for indulging my curiosity.
I agree with you Whispers and since obviously got nothing against little girls being gifly, playing with Barbies and liking pink etc, I am sure she will. My preference is a little princess but there is nothing wrong with tomboys. At the end of the day, all that really matters is that she grows into a woman that has manners and a lovely attitude rather than an ugly, harsh rude personality ;)

And yes Primrose is gorgeous, not sure about Prim but Rose/Rosie as a nickname is gorgeous smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now