How would you pronounce Talia?

(34 Posts)
crashdoll Mon 08-Jul-13 19:00:28

I'm not choosing a name, just having a healthy debate with a friend. Around here, I've only heard of it was Tal-ee-uh but she says she'd say is as Tar-LEE-uh.

No, no emphasis on lay if anything the opposite. Trying to think of the right way to write it down. . Like tally - ah so more exaggeration on the'ta' part but not much confused I'm useless at descriptions blush

vix206 Thu 11-Jul-13 07:13:05

Tar-lee-a

bugsybill Fri 12-Jul-13 13:02:09

I would say tar lee uh.

However I met one who was a ta-lee-uh. It always confused me though and I had to always think about the pronounciations.

DonutForMyself Fri 12-Jul-13 13:28:00

I'd say it like Italian

Champagnebubble Fri 12-Jul-13 14:00:01

Tal-ee-ah grin

Midlands/North accent but I live in the South.

That's an interesting point that I've just realised thanks to your post! One consideration I have to make when I choose my DC's name is that it has to be a name that sounds the same with different accents! Because I pronounce my 'a' as 'ah' I think it would drive me scatty to hear everyone else pronounce it is 'ar'! Eeek!

x0gawjus0x Fri 12-Jul-13 20:30:23

Tah lee ah

MadeOfStarDust Fri 12-Jul-13 20:35:42

Tahhhhhhhl - ya

Champagne... I am the same - it really grates on me - one niece's name is Rebecca - a close relative is liverpudlian - and pronounces the cc like scottish loch sound.... grrrrrrrrrrr

sweetkitty Fri 12-Jul-13 20:45:15

I have a Talia pronounced Tah-Lee-ah

Emphasis on the second syllable
I don't like Tar-lee-ah where's the R?
or Tal-ya

Beautiful name Hebrew for Dew from Heaven (I am slightly biased)

TidyDancer Sat 13-Jul-13 20:25:51

It's Tar-lee-ur ime.

Rally dislike the Tal-ee-er pronunciation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now