Huckleberry (middle name)

(14 Posts)
Wbdn28 Sun 14-Jul-13 20:08:33

Atticus is quite faddy now too, and has sprung from nowhere in a short time. Orlando is another one.

Wbdn28 Sun 14-Jul-13 20:07:41

> Do you think it is a little too try hard?

TBH - yes, sorry.

Beccadugs Sun 14-Jul-13 15:59:21

If you have the guts go for it... DH and his best mate decided that who ever had a son first would use huckleberry as a first name. DH's best mate was veto-ed and so no DH thinks this will be happening for ours... It won't, but only because I personally don't like it. However you thread has made me chuckle as it is a name dear to my heart!!

AuntieStella Fri 12-Jul-13 23:13:48

Seriously not my taste, but I think it's fine in the middle (as long as your surname isn't Finn).

Leeds2 Fri 12-Jul-13 23:09:51

Absolutely not!

Atticus, maybe.

Rhubarbgarden Fri 12-Jul-13 22:40:20

Oh why not, it's what middle names are for.

AllegraLilac Thu 11-Jul-13 01:17:40

Do it! A close friend used Atticus for her DS middle name, after Atticus Finch. So cool. So edgy, so cultured!

BakingBunty Tue 09-Jul-13 21:25:40

DS has Huckleberry as a middle name. Lots of people were a bit shock when we first announced it (especially the grandparents!) but vast majority of people seem to love it.

DH and I both love American literature from that period and liked the idea of some sort of reference (Moby Dick might have been a bit much!)

His first name is very short and I think it balances it out perfectly.

We've never regretted our choice. Go for it!

tigrou Mon 08-Jul-13 09:02:20

I know a girl named Huckleberry. At first I was a bit shock but it really suits her now I'm used to it. Actually, I think unusual middle names attract more ridicule that unusual first names, which people just get used to.

as long as his first name isn't going to be Finn wink

I love Huckleberry...I couldn't do it as a first name,but as a middle? Perfect! grin

squoosh Mon 08-Jul-13 01:13:50

For a middle name? Do it.

Huckleberry Finn is an amazing novel to be named after.

Cravingdairy Sun 07-Jul-13 23:07:09

I wouldn't, he will have to go through a rigmarole every time he's asked for his middle name.

bugsybill Sun 07-Jul-13 22:53:56

Do you think it is a little too try hard? Would normally not care about people's opinions of middle names, but this one has me wondering, so I would like some opinions. He would have more conventional, modern but not top 20 first name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now