Belle v Annabelle

(36 Posts)
Mumblyboo Sun 07-Jul-13 11:12:44

I love Belle. Just Belle. Hooband will allow on list (major hurdle jumped..) but doesn't love it...Prefers Annabelle....

would it be better to have a long name like Annabelle and shorten to Belle or should i just be confident that it is a name in its own right....

Zynnia Mon 08-Jul-13 21:00:18

Actually, Katie Hopkins would have something to say about you calling your daughter Belle! Are you attractive? Is your husband blessed with chiselled features wink take an honest look at yourselves!

grin

BiscuitDunker Sat 13-Jul-13 21:37:10

I'd go with Annabelle. I'm biased though as I'm pregnant with a little girl and that's the name we've settled on smile We will more than likely call her Belle as a nn if its something you're considering.

FWIW I much prefer it spelt Annabelle to Annabel,it just looks prettier to me and if you would have Belle as her nn then it would (in my mind at least) make much more sense to have it spelt Annabelle,plus it includes the name you want so I'd say Annabelle is the perfect compromise for you and your dh smile plus like the others have said,it gives her many more options for nn when she's older smile

Diddle82 Sat 13-Jul-13 23:26:55

Belle gets my vote

Sherbert37 Sat 13-Jul-13 23:34:33

Read about a Mirabel today and thought that was pretty. Nn Miri or Bel.

BlueStarsAtNight Sun 14-Jul-13 09:51:28

I prefer Annabelle. I like it more spelt Annabel but if you want her to be known as Belle then the Annabelle spelling makes most sense.

rosyryan Sun 14-Jul-13 10:34:27

Belle or Annabel. Annabelle is way too frilly for me.

argylesocks Sun 14-Jul-13 22:33:15

Annabel. I would absolutely hate to be called Belle and I'd imagine I'm not alone. Give the girl another option. Belle can be hard to pull off.

AllegraLilac Mon 15-Jul-13 00:39:14

I think Annabelle is far too fussy.

I'd be spelling it Annabel.

SleepyCatOnTheMat Mon 15-Jul-13 17:26:19

A couple of alternatives:

Rosabel/Rosabelle
Christabel/Christabelle

Always seem to suggesting these names on here - I love them but DP isn't keen.

Second everybody who's said use Belle as a NN.

Oriunda Mon 15-Jul-13 18:40:15

Mirabel (mirabelle?) and belinda are great names and still give you the 'Bel' option.

Bonsoir Mon 15-Jul-13 18:47:13

Christabel is a fabulous name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now