Belle v Annabelle

(36 Posts)
Mumblyboo Sun 07-Jul-13 11:12:44

I love Belle. Just Belle. Hooband will allow on list (major hurdle jumped..) but doesn't love it...Prefers Annabelle....

would it be better to have a long name like Annabelle and shorten to Belle or should i just be confident that it is a name in its own right....

Elquota Sun 07-Jul-13 11:18:29

Personally I much prefer Annabelle, and it gives more options - full name or Annie/Belle as nickname.

NowPlayingZone Sun 07-Jul-13 19:14:21

Annabelle- just prefer it & it's more versatile

GW297 Sun 07-Jul-13 19:26:16

I prefer Annabelle too.

laura20 Sun 07-Jul-13 19:39:15

Prefer annabelle x

Annabelle smile

CPtart Sun 07-Jul-13 19:53:29

Annabelle too

bugsybill Sun 07-Jul-13 21:57:49

I prefer belle or bella.

miffybun73 Sun 07-Jul-13 22:00:54

Prefer Annabel or Annabelle.

They're both nice but just bear in mind that others may give her a nickname from annabelle other than belle like, erm, Anna.
If you prefer belle then just go with belle.
Which sounds best with your surname?

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Mon 08-Jul-13 01:21:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sashh Mon 08-Jul-13 05:11:30

Annabelle, known as Belle. It gives more options if she wants to be known by her full name or Anna later in life.

If you constantly call here Belle people will soon forget the Anna bit. Did you see on here the number of people who didn't know Prince Harry is really Prince Henry and were shocked when he was addressed as such at the Olympics.

DonDrapersAltrEgoBigglesDraper Mon 08-Jul-13 08:36:23

Annabelle over Belle any day of the week.

And Annabel over Annabelle.

curlew Mon 08-Jul-13 08:41:30

Annabel.

Belle is potentially hard to live with- particularly if she goes through a stage when she isn't. Go for Annabel. Give her options.

SandraClegane Mon 08-Jul-13 08:42:16

Prefer Annabel/ Annabelle.

Sunnysummer Mon 08-Jul-13 08:44:06

Agree with curlew - Belle could be a hell of a name in the ugly duckling years! Annabel/Annabelle can easily be nicknamed Belle.

RoadToTuapeka Mon 08-Jul-13 08:48:26

Much prefer Annabelle/Annabel, think of how she might like to be addressed in formal/v grown up professional situations, 'Judge Belle presiding' doesn't doesn't sound quite right imo.

Either are pretty

Prefer Annabelle spelling as its looks prettier

isitsnowingyet Mon 08-Jul-13 09:39:56

Belle - more distinctive and just like it better

toffeelolly Mon 08-Jul-13 16:07:08

Belle ,much prettier

8thplace Mon 08-Jul-13 16:20:34

Either, depends on which sounds best with your surname too remember.

I would prob go for Annabelle as more options.

Personally, I'd go for actually naming her Annabelle, but using Belle as a day-to-day name. That way, there are options for when she is older.

I know someone who has a Billy. He hates it!

Reastie Mon 08-Jul-13 16:29:51

I like Belle, and I prefer it alot to Bella as mentioned previously, more unusual. Annabel's OK. We had a similar issue with DDs potential name - I wanted Bessie but we considered Elizabeth on birth certificate and then use Bessie but IMO it gave too much scope for people to change her name. We ended up dismissing Bessie because of this sad

PleaseDoNotAdjustYourSet Mon 08-Jul-13 20:53:44

I prefer Belle. To me it sounds pretty whereas annabelle doesn't.

Zynnia Mon 08-Jul-13 20:58:04

I'd go for Isabelle,nn Belle, as that doesn't look silly written down but Annabelle has too many letters. Annabel has simplicity I like but Annabelle swaps a simplicity for a frill if that makes sense.

What about Belinda with Bel for short? That is just less Disney and would make a change. But Belle is pretty. I don't dislike it at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now