Royal baby likely to be a Mary!!!

(86 Posts)
vinobaroness Sun 07-Jul-13 08:08:53

I know there are lots of Royal baby threads I decided to start yet another! Apparently the big money has been put on Mary!!! I love it sounds so fresh yet vintage & sooo regal!!! Alice the other hot contendor for a girl!!!! So so excited!? Whats the opinions on Mary or Alice? George hot favorite for boy X

delilahbelle Sun 07-Jul-13 08:10:39

Mary is the name I want to use if I ever get pregnant and have a girl so they better not!

waikikamookau Sun 07-Jul-13 08:13:12

do the parents get to chose or do they have to follow protocol?

vinobaroness Sun 07-Jul-13 08:16:21

I always loved Mary too, its my moms name & I honoured her by using Molly for my lovely dd however I can't see Kate doing the same however!!!My mom delighted her names is in the running!!!

vinobaroness Sun 07-Jul-13 08:20:57

Apparently they can choose the princess Madeline of Sweden called their daughter Estelle last year which really divided Sweden as it has no royal history they simply liked the name. Estelle will one day be queen too. Kate & William are expected to be traditional & choose a previously used Royal name.

waikikamookau Sun 07-Jul-13 08:26:14

well there aren't that many female names to chose from traditionally.

perhaps it will be victoria

CheeseFondueRocks Sun 07-Jul-13 10:05:59

Princess Madeleine has no children. She only got married a few weeks a go. It's Victoria who has Estelle. [pedantic]

DonDrapersAltrEgoBigglesDraper Sun 07-Jul-13 10:39:39

It is DD's, who's 2.11, middle name, so I clearly approve. DD's first name is also in the running!

It's not a foregone conclusion by any means, and it seems like a slightly too obvious/easy choice.

Not long to wait now, to find out though.

brokenhearted55 Sun 07-Jul-13 11:00:10

I thought Alexandra was a hot contender too?

Elquota Sun 07-Jul-13 11:17:34

Mary is lovely and is more unusual than Alice at the moment.

I'm guessing Alexandra though.

George is a lovely classic boys name.

mrspaddy Sun 07-Jul-13 11:20:41

Nooooo... I hope they don't I am on the countdown now to our (surprise sex) baby and if it is a girl she will be Mary. Do you think they will though... I honestly think they won't. I don't think they will go for Frances either due to new Pope.

squoosh Sun 07-Jul-13 12:31:27

My middle name, the middle name of EVERY Irish woman my age.

It's fresher in England, I find it hard to get beyond the Our Lady connection.

nellymartin Sun 07-Jul-13 13:20:41

Cannot go wrong with Mary, Evangeline, or Valencia!

FreedomOfTheTess Sun 07-Jul-13 13:21:18

My 3 week old DD2 is Mary.

I was due about the same time as Catherine, but Mary arrived 4.5 weeks early (perfectly healthy), so at least if they do use it, I got in first!

HotCrossPun Sun 07-Jul-13 13:26:12

That's my middle name.

Glad to hear its a contender as according to MN I have a very chavvy first name grin

RoseFlowerFairy Sun 07-Jul-13 13:29:21

Mary would make a nice change, I like it.

sleepingbeautiful Sun 07-Jul-13 14:47:50

I could see them having Princess Mary.
I've surprisingly heard of a few baby Marys recently. I think it's Downtown Abbey making it popular.

mewkins Tue 09-Jul-13 22:16:49

I think Alexandrina Frances for a girl. George Henry perhaps for a boy?

Mary lovely.

Alexandra also a beautiful name.

Albert for a boy? Another Bertie?

Zynnia Wed 10-Jul-13 00:02:29

Boo! I thought so too! I was reading today that a friend of theirs has a 19 month old Alexandra. I know they aren't normal people, they have a more limited selection of names to choose from and "just picking something else" isn't an option for them, but all the same, I wondered if they would use Alexandra if it's their close friends' baby's name.

Zynnia Wed 10-Jul-13 00:03:45

ps, I reckon that the might do Mary Elizabeth and call her Maribel (just around the house like wink

Zynnia Wed 10-Jul-13 00:05:17

Squoosh, yeah we hear 'our lady' hangin in the air before Mary, the British hear Queen of the Scots!

raisah Wed 10-Jul-13 06:56:17

Why can't they choose a name they want rather than recycling the same old names? The need to expand the already limited name bank and there are lots of classic names that they could make royal by using. They are not going to name the baby Jayden or Chantelle are they?!!

lljkk Wed 10-Jul-13 08:31:42

Ooh.... I like Mary a lot. DH finds it too plain.

AnythingNotEverything Wed 10-Jul-13 08:37:28

But they aren't allowed to use Alice. That's what we were intending to call our wriggly bean if a girl.

Should I start an AIBU about how they should have asked permission? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now