What do you think of Millicent?

(57 Posts)
beckslovestimmy Sat 06-Jul-13 08:56:41

Just that really???

Choccyhobnob Fri 12-Jul-13 14:22:03

Exactly was Mortified said, Millicent Bulstrode and Maleficant from sleeping beauty!

Sorry!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 12-Jul-13 14:25:10

Gorgeous name smile

Alwaysbloodyhungry Fri 12-Jul-13 14:28:38

Love it, but then I like names like Nancy and Sissi and Beatty a la monday afternoon bingo down the legion!

DonDrapersAltrEgoBigglesDraper Fri 12-Jul-13 20:16:36

Millicent is one of those names that is ahead of the trend - full of consonants, with a (double) consonant ending, so miles away from the frilly, feminine 'ie/y', 'a', 'el/le' ending girls' names so popular right now.

But - as with everything very popular, their shelf-life is limited, until people tire of those sorts of names and move onto the next big thing.

I think Millicent is great, actually. And in another ten years time, names like this will be what everyone will be going for.

It is infnitely better than the utterly over-used, tired, dull, dime-a-dozen Milly. wink

HouseAtreides Fri 12-Jul-13 20:19:19

It sounds very clinical/medicinal to me. 'Three drops of Millicent in each ear before retiring.'

Casualty Fri 12-Jul-13 23:11:22

Love it, was my Granny's name, though she was known as Milly.

Grannylipstick Sun 14-Jul-13 20:29:11

Love it. My Millie is 21 soon. I really wish I'd called her Millicent. Lots of Millie's around now. There weren't any 21 years ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now