Wallace?

(28 Posts)
SandraClegane Sat 29-Jun-13 22:01:45

What are your thoughts? Is Wallace too "and Gromit"; Wally too "Wall-E"? Too 'old man' still or back to being fresh and retro?
I've come to quite like the name but I'm a bit on the fence if it's ready for a comeback yet!

kaddi2012 Wed 11-Sep-13 20:44:31

Exoticfruits........No parent can control cruelty but the name a child is called by parents and teachers are the names the child is known as. I know a Katherine and she is not Kathy. When one or two people try to call her Kathy she quickly corrects them. I also know a Michael that is Michael only! If his parents had called him Mike he would have been known as Mike. Kids can call Brock ......Broccoli. Dianna........die Anna! Brantley......brat ley! I knew a Jennifer called furball! There is no way to stop cruelty. My William is called William at school, the kids DO CALL him William. The nicknames are names we have for our kids and have not put down on school records. If we did....the school would call them by the shortened name. I like a strong name with a fun nick name. Making it great for a doctor, lawyer, and fun for sports, radio, acting, ect! Most names used today are surnames. Riley, Alexander, Shane, Thomas, Williams, Tyler, Taylor, ect. I love the name Wallace. I am just not sure what middle name to use. I like Kane, Ian, Shane, or my fathers name John! My Wallace will be a strong, confident, and happy baby boy!

SpottedDickandCustard Wed 11-Sep-13 20:47:23

No No No.

Wallace is an old man name too far IMHO.

kaddi2012 Wed 11-Sep-13 21:01:23

Wasn't Owen a old man's name. My great Uncle Owen would be 110 if he was alive. How old is Alexander the Great? With old names like Harry and Henry making a comeback I believe many others will too. I know I don't want a name that is too common and a little unique! William, Allacyn, and Wallace go well together too! I just need help with a middle name. Our last name is Stafford. Wallace is expected January 20, 2014.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now