Name of your first MAJOR crush?

(75 Posts)
HoneyandRum Sat 29-Jun-13 21:44:14

Gary (we were 13 and I lusted after him for almost 3 years)

polkadotsrock Sun 30-Jun-13 22:34:27

Andrew, my then bfs big brother!! Bit of an alcholic now I think but still somehow sexy.

PrincessOfChina Sun 30-Jun-13 22:37:19

Lee. He died last year sad

Theselittlelightsofmine Sun 30-Jun-13 22:39:30

Stephen he was the son of my mothers friend.

onedev Sun 30-Jun-13 22:41:09

Glyn grin. Thanks for the thread, I'd forgotten about him! It was P7, so a long time ago grin

Starsky and Hutch, then a boy called Gerard.

HopHopHoppitySplash Sun 30-Jun-13 22:52:26

Zachary (or Daniel if we're counting early childhood ones!)

CalmingLava Sun 30-Jun-13 22:57:54

Brian I feel your pain. My first love was also unrequited, and gay sad
He was my best friend too, just to complicate things even more!

Bumpstarter Sun 30-Jun-13 23:15:27

Yes, op, thank you for this thread. I hadn't given mine any thought for 20 year, but i googled him [andrew] read his blog, and found out we have a random common interest! I have actually emailed him, [although he will still be 22 years too old for me]

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sun 30-Jun-13 23:17:22

irl Robert, celeb Rupert Everett. Both gay. wink [wink

Meringue33 Sun 30-Jun-13 23:27:07

Luke

Then there was Christopher

Then Marcus (posh)

Still love these names

piprabbit Sun 30-Jun-13 23:29:42

Colin - and I never breathed a word to anyone.

ThedementedPenguin Sun 30-Jun-13 23:30:11

Mine was called Marc. He was the estates bad boy. He was beautiful. I dated him for a while until my mother banned me from seeing him.

I then dated his brother blush

He got stabbed about a year ago, unfortunately his life had gotten worse and he was in some major shit.

Oh and yes I do realise how awful that makes me seem but if you knew the place I grew up and met him, you would know how lame it all was.

cooooodle Sun 30-Jun-13 23:39:55

Ben. I used to watch him play video games, and be oh so excited when he had a new high score. I always thought I would name my firstborn son after him. He had absolutely zero interest in me.

WetDog Mon 01-Jul-13 00:22:29

Proper famous crush was Gary Barlow.

Now Gary Numan.

DP (also a Gary) sitting next to me. I've only just made the connection. shock

MyPetMonsterAndMe Mon 01-Jul-13 02:44:53

Jamie. Still rather gorgeous and easily the nicest guy I have ever met.

Rhubarbgarden Mon 01-Jul-13 17:47:06

Morten Harket. Oh how beautiful he was.

Then Heathcliff, who was impervious to my existence - he was as beautiful as Morten and girls swooned when he walked into a room. I bumped into him again, ten years later; we went out for a while till I realised he was actually a bit of a loser grin

everlong Mon 01-Jul-13 18:26:35

Alan.

Out of the bay city rollers.

Fucking hell grin

KikeriFreedomCastle Mon 01-Jul-13 18:36:55

Stephen.

I'm laughing at some of these names grin How dated some of them sound now.

BigBongTheory Mon 01-Jul-13 19:36:49

See mine is definitely one for the Baby Names section.................

Rocky. It was 1987 and I was 8 :D

FreedomOfTheTess Mon 01-Jul-13 19:58:17

Benjamin 'Ben' - I went to an all-girls private school, he went to the all-boys school (now a co-ed school) in the same town. Whenever our schools had socials together, or any kind of joint activities, I'd spend my time drooling over him. As did almost every girl at my school.

He was originally from Los Angeles (his parents had move to the UK for work) so to us he was the equivalent of a movie star. Not to mention he was tall and tanned. Oh he was dreamy.

My heart skipped a beat when I realised my dad actually knew his. His dad threw a party of some sorts, during the summer holidays, and I got dragged along as family were invited. I walk in and saw him... and then it happened... he spoke to me.

After that, we became friends, but alas nothing more. He's still a friend now, living back in L.A. now, and we see each other maybe once a year (he comes to visit friends back here). I have no regrets that we only became friends.

Gooseysgirl Mon 01-Jul-13 20:00:19

Captain Kirk. I was five and I was going to marry him. Swiftly replaced by McGyver a couple of years later.

thegreylady Mon 01-Jul-13 20:52:17

Ian then Athol!

Kristoffer. He was cool and from Swedish Lapland and therefore amazingly cool to me. Followed by Mattias, who'd moved from Malmö to Stockholm and who I loved with all my heart. At 14.

My first crush with an English based name was Norman though....

orderinformation Wed 03-Jul-13 23:13:13

Jason

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now