Antigone or Tigris

(106 Posts)
DaveMccave Fri 28-Jun-13 21:36:22

I know it will be a minority that could consider either better than the other but anyone have an opinion to a preference? nn Tiggy.

I know two Antigones, both gorgeous and both sometimes Tiggy, sometimes Antigone and very proud of their names (so much so that the one introduced as Tiggy very quickly told me her full name without prompting).

So to say that it is cruel to do that is a bit dramatic, they looked unscathed to me!

I'm very surprised at the sheer number of people misreading the pronunciation, but unless you're called something like Emma people find all sorts of ways to pronounce names that are not complicated at all (bitter experience) so you might as well go with something fabulous and leave a few people scratching their heads once in a while!

Suzietwo Tue 14-Jan-14 11:06:19

The thing about the name Antigone, is that the person would HAVE to be tall willowy, beautiful and blonde to get away with it. What if they were short, abut plump and socially awkward?

NigellasDealer Tue 14-Jan-14 16:37:14

well then they can be Tiggy.....

UriGeller Tue 14-Jan-14 16:49:14

I think Mrs Tiggywinkle is a splendid nn for a little baby called Tiggy. I wonder what the OP chose in the end? Kayleigh-Leigh or Mollie-Mae? wink

Tibby2 Tue 14-Jan-14 18:57:07

Would you not consider just Tig in its own right? People have called there children far more 'out there' names. If not i would personally go for Antigone. Best of luck deciding smile

I know an Antigone, i like it, but think if you know a lovely person by that name it has good association. If that makes sense

She does get Tiggy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now