Feel I'm not brave enough to use this name!

(102 Posts)
farmersdaughter Thu 27-Jun-13 14:46:32

Clearly I'm being very hormonal, but I'm just not sure if I'm brave enough to call DC2.....

Juno

When we already have an Honor.

Thought maybe Juno would be a great middle name but can't find a first name that really suits. Any suggestions? Names I like are Matilda (but not keen on its popularity) Claudia or India (which DH thinks is kicking the ass out of being middle class) grin

Or should I just stick with Juno?

xigris Thu 27-Jun-13 17:01:09

I'm with Debs please please call her Juno! It's a fabulous name and goes brilliantly with Honor. I would have definitely used Juno for a girl but I had all boys! I liked it way before the film. grin

farmersdaughter Thu 27-Jun-13 17:58:38

Thank you for all the positive comments. Thank you also for the constructive criticism on Juno, the feedback is helpful. I don't think of the film at all. However I worry that Juno isn't serious enough for when she's an adult.

Thank you Debs I love your DC's names.

Honor is a family name, so honestly I didn't feel brave in the slightest using it.

Really like Cora, however an ex had a daughter called Cora last year. Just a bit too close for comfort, sadly.

DH doesn't like Matilda, I feel Claudia is quite a 'heavy' name. Agree about India, but I do like Indy as a nn. wink

Oddly I am from Scotland, and do love Iona. Just thought Honor and Juno was a bit too 'O' ish. Am I over thinking it?

farmersdaughter Thu 27-Jun-13 18:04:31

Okay if we do stick with Juno, can anyone suggest a middle name?

I was thinking Kathryn, hate the spelling but its a family name. Other option is possible Charlotte?

Juno Kathryn or Juno Charlotte

reggiebean Thu 27-Jun-13 18:36:58

I like Juno Charlotte, I think it's really pretty!

Suzieismyname Thu 27-Jun-13 18:43:06

Juno is as Classic as it gets. She was queen of the gods for the Romans.

FingersCrossedLegsNot Thu 27-Jun-13 19:02:21

Juno and Honour are a perfect sibset you really couldn't do any better than that. I would admire your taste if I was I traduced to sisters Juno and Honour!

thegreylady Thu 27-Jun-13 19:04:13

Cassandra nn Cassie
I love Juno though smile

Bowlersarm Thu 27-Jun-13 19:05:06

Juno is great.

And I love Honor too-it was on our list but we had boys, as was India.

melesmeles Thu 27-Jun-13 19:06:01

I like Iona. And Juno is wonderful. Not keen on Matilda either I'm afraid or India. Juno Charlotte is brilliant.

FairyArmadillo Thu 27-Jun-13 19:35:09

Juno is a brilliant name. Love Honor too.

farmersdaughter Thu 27-Jun-13 22:47:16

Well you lot have really thrown me...grin

LynetteScavo Thu 27-Jun-13 22:49:29

Stick with Juno.

You don't have to be brave!

Juno goes beautiful with Honor. smile

farmersdaughter Thu 27-Jun-13 22:53:40

It is quite fab if I say so myself

Just need to get DH on board now!

bountyicecream Thu 27-Jun-13 22:55:12

Juno and Honor are great

Juno is the dog at the start of Wuthering Heights so definitely not a new name (and being named after a dog is no bad thing IMO)

bugsybill Thu 27-Jun-13 23:43:26

Yes use it. I think Juno is a great name for a little girl and I can see it on an adult of all ages as well.
Goes nicely with Honor too.

MacaYoniandCheese Thu 27-Jun-13 23:46:39

Not my style but I think it goes beautifully with Honor. Very cool. Do it!

nooka Fri 28-Jun-13 06:08:23

I like both names but am not sure about them together. I think I like the sound of Judith/Jude better with Honor, just sounds a bit softer perhaps.

baskingseals Fri 28-Jun-13 10:27:48

You could really live on the edge and call her Hero - I do think Honor and Juno are lovely together.

Fwiw if I had a dd tomorrow I would call her Honor.

farmersdaughter Fri 28-Jun-13 16:46:35

maca oddly Juno really isn't my style either, however due to having an Honor already I am finding it quite hard to find a suitable 'strong' yet not overly popular name. I thought it just sound good with DD's name.

nooka like Jude but DH doesn't.

basking DH and I have spoken about Hero but both agreed that its maybe a bit much. Also we already have a Miss H so whist name tapes would be easy, post would be a nightmare.

I've read this thread out to DH and he was surprised by the overall positive comments. Also agree they sounded good together as a sibling set. He 's still not convince but I'll leave it will him and let the seed grow wink

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Bet it will be a boy!

everlong Fri 28-Jun-13 19:30:39

Juno is cool

farmersdaughter Fri 05-Jul-13 16:54:28

So I think either it will be...

Juno Charlotte

or

Charlotte Aurelia

do you think Katie Hopkins would approve gringrin

What do you think?

evelynj Fri 05-Jul-13 18:25:07

Juno Charlotte!

KateCroydon Fri 05-Jul-13 18:29:57

June is beautiful and underused.

farmersdaughter Fri 05-Jul-13 19:34:52

June who mentioned June? gringringrin

GaiusIsAnAceName Sat 06-Jul-13 18:29:38

Juno all the way! Far superior to Charlotte!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now