What's Johnny's twin sister called?

(67 Posts)
PeriodMath Wed 26-Jun-13 16:28:09

We have just found out we're having twins, one of each. Well, we knew it was two, just not the genders. So, fixed on John, to be called Johnny for the boy. Just love it, used to live near one - gorgeous boy. Can't agree on his twin sister though....

I want something classy but cool. What do you think? I like Hester, Clara, Cordelia, Tabitha so far - if that helps.

Thanks!

telsa Thu 27-Jun-13 10:48:04

Hester - yes!

Exhaustipated Thu 27-Jun-13 12:48:55

Classy but cool names to go with Jonny...

Pearl
Cora
Rosanna
Ramona
Vita
Nina
Xanthe
Lois
Olive
Greta
Gloria
Lydia
Zora
Stella
Selina
Serena
Isis
Iris
Iona
Henrietta
Beatrix
Opal
Orla
Vivienne
Marianne
Winnifred
Constance
Dorothea
Tansy
Clementine

PeriodMath Thu 27-Jun-13 17:47:20

Am loving so many of your suggestions!

Serena has really grabbed me... smile

fussychica Thu 27-Jun-13 17:49:23

Francesca (Frankie) & John(ny) - very cool

Badvoc Thu 27-Jun-13 17:51:32

Cordelia is nice

Badvoc Thu 27-Jun-13 17:52:37

My uncle is John and his sisters are;
Anne
Catherine
Margaret
Elizabeth
Mary Bridget
Ester
Finola

thegreylady Thu 27-Jun-13 19:08:13

Cassandra [Cassie]
Cleo [Johnny and Cleo Dankworth smile]
Phoebe
Josephine [Josie]
Harriet [Hattie]

HoneyandRum Fri 28-Jun-13 09:23:33

I like Johnny and Naomi as both have an open friendliness to them and I'm not keen on over matchytwin names.

looki Fri 28-Jun-13 12:24:14

I would go for a name that you like independently of Johnny. They will not always be together, they may not even be in the same classroom at school. I would steer clear altogether of any 'matchy' because when they get to their teens and adult years, it will sound ridiculous.

So choose a name based on what you would call a second or third child rather than a 'twin'.

(I should say I went to school with twins whose name both began with 'C', every single time somebody said their names, they were said in a sing song way. I never heard one of their names being said without the other. It must have been so bloody annoying for them). They are separate people....anyway just my tuppence worth. Congratulations by the way. Boy and girl together - perfect family smile.

Edie was the name that popped into my head. I'm not sure if that's technically a name in it's own right though - could maybe be short for Edith.

Love Clara.

TanglednotTamed Fri 28-Jun-13 12:29:36

Boy and girl together - perfect family

That's where you're wrong, looki. Two boys and a girl is the perfect family. I know because that's what I've got.

My friend has one girl. She thinks that's the perfect family.

My other friend has three boys. She thinks that's the perfect family.

Perfect families come in a variety of shapes and sizes.

<can you tell I heard too many 'oh you must be wanting a girl now' when I was expecting DC2, and I didn't care at all what gender any of them were.>

I don't mean to be snippy, it's just a bit of a bugbear.

looki Fri 28-Jun-13 12:42:18

Ah it was just a phrase - something I'd have liked myself - more the two children for only one pregnancy than anything else) smile
My perfect little family is my little girl. Whatever comes next will be a bonus to my already perfect family.

TanglednotTamed Fri 28-Jun-13 12:46:16

yes, i always thought twins would be good, looki - just for the 2-for-1 pure efficiency of it! But when I was pg with no. 3 I was huge and quite worried about the possibility of twins. DH nearly fainted with relief at the first scan when they said it was just one.

Good luck with a sibling for your DD. As you say, whatever comes is wonderful.

formicadinosaur Sat 29-Jun-13 06:49:57

Tess pearl violet Mary

curlew Sat 29-Jun-13 07:13:08

Helen- nn Nell.

Rosehassometoes Sat 29-Jun-13 10:50:25

I thought Johnny and Eve or Evelyn

Seminyak Sat 29-Jun-13 10:52:37

Lara sprang to mind! smile

Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now