Would the Royal baby name put you off one you had chosen?

(61 Posts)
lisbapalea Tue 25-Jun-13 15:09:34

Sorry if this has been done before but I wondered what the general feeling is about naming a child in the next 6-12 months with the same name as the impending Royal sprog.

I am expecting DC2 in December and if it's a boy we are really keen on George but someone this morning said that is odds on favourite for Wills and Kate's baby if it's a boy.

It's really put me off, but am I being an idiot?

I am guessing lots of Williams were born in the early 80s and I can't say I think 'Prince William' any time I meet a Will...

fuckwittery Thu 27-Jun-13 22:03:52

Holly the names not Ava and Myleene bloody Klass is it?

Essexgirlupnorth Thu 27-Jun-13 22:06:23

No due till October and having a girl but if they do have a girl we won't be using the same name. Not that I think they will use any of my favourite names.

Christelle2207 Thu 27-Jun-13 23:29:00

My baby is due a couple of weeks after theirs and am inpatient to find out its name so that I know what not to call mine.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 30-Jun-13 13:28:18

Fuckwittery no it's not Ava/ Myleene Klass grin

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 30-Jun-13 20:25:00

Not if was a name I really liked.

Royals always tend to go for classic names anyway rather than rare ones that make people think "oh like so and so". For example,Sienna is a lovely name but virtually everybody will think "oh like Sienna Miller" upon meeting a young one because for most people it hadn't occurred to them to name a daughter Sienna until she popped up in the early 00's.

missusmrs Sun 30-Jun-13 20:39:36

Probably yes, my brother was born a week after Harry and despite a boys name been agreed from the outset - Henry (dads middle name) it was swiftly changed!

amessagetoyouYoni Sun 30-Jun-13 20:58:57

Gergeis super common, though. Theyre everywhere, so does it matter?

amessagetoyouYoni Sun 30-Jun-13 20:59:06

George is

Bodicea Mon 01-Jul-13 22:06:00

oh no charlotte is my girls name!!! Never thought about this before. God would be gutted.
James is my boys name. Reckon that could be have a chance too. Aargh!
Need to sort some reserves out.

ElleCloughie Mon 01-Jul-13 22:09:36

I am very pleased that I am due after the Cambridge sprog, because if they chose one of the names we are thinking of we wouldn't use it - mostly because everyone would presume we had just copied something that was suddely made popular, and not that it was a name we had loved and chosen. Figers crossed!

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Mon 01-Jul-13 23:29:24

Yes, it would put me off big time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now