Ludo

(17 Posts)
somanystripes Thu 20-Jun-13 14:10:50

Known as Ludo, with the full name Ludovic for formal situations (for a boy). Thoughts?

We have various French/Germanic family connections so I quite like this as it's unusual and works in several languages. Not sure if it's a bit 'out there' though. Pretty sure my mum's first thought would be the board game...

TarkaTheOtter Thu 20-Jun-13 15:26:25

My first thought was the game.
But that wouldn't necessarily put me off as its the nn, ludovic doesn't make me think of that. "Vic" is another possible nn.

mummymccar Thu 20-Jun-13 15:27:21

I'm sorry I thought of the board game too.

mummymccar Thu 20-Jun-13 15:28:04

Ludovic is actually quite nice, it's just the nn I'm not keen on.

kelda Thu 20-Jun-13 15:29:14

Good name.

Hasitfallendownagain Thu 20-Jun-13 15:37:22

I love Ludovic and wanted to use it as a first name, but was ridiculed out of it. DH thought I was joking at first and was shock when he realised I was serious. Everyone else I mentioned it to was confused too.

I still think it is great, but without the influence of pregnancy hormones, am now willing to admit that it might be a little too much.

NumTumDeDum Thu 20-Jun-13 15:38:58

I like it, but it does make me think of the film Labyrinth which has a character named Ludo, a gentle giant.

bugsybill Thu 20-Jun-13 22:52:28

I think it is nice. I don't think of the board game (?) I just think of someone from eastern(?) Europe.

I think of the game too and then Labryinth. Younger generation likely to think of Ludo Bagman from Harry Potter.

herethereandeverywhere Thu 20-Jun-13 22:56:19

This was discussed recently HERE

bangersnmash Thu 20-Jun-13 22:57:11

Sorry I think of the film labyrinth and the bog of eternal stench . But that's just me .

But go with it if you love it . A name is personal and not about what anyone else thinks x

It reminds me of labyrinth but I love it, very different.

yummymumtobe Thu 20-Jun-13 23:01:29

I think it is the name William and Kate's dog. I like it though. I like names ending in 'o' generally, milo, Hugo, arlo... Our surname ends in an 'o' sound though so we unfortunately can't have an o name!

Rocks friends

Still18atheart Thu 20-Jun-13 23:20:20

I really like it

There was a Ludo in Harry Potter.

isitspringyet Fri 21-Jun-13 09:35:46

Hate it. Screams of trying too hard. Unless you do have German/French family history.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Fri 21-Jun-13 09:41:18

Sorry the 1st thing that came to my mind was snakes and ladders. (Double board game as a child)

I prefer ludovic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now