Inspiration for boy's name please!

(27 Posts)
WhatAPredicament Mon 17-Jun-13 14:13:38

There are loads of imaginative and beautiful girls' names but boys names seem to be either traditional and frequently heard or a bit too far on the unusual side. Please help me to think of a name for ds2 that's not too trendy and overused, not too traditional but not too wacky either! It seems like an impossible task to me and I feel like I've heard every boys' name there is in the world!

We almost had a Cairn - we were choosing a name by sticking pins in a map and kept on hitting the Cairns at the top of mountains. We had more or less decided, started telling a few people and then heard someone say it in the local accent.......and they said it Kair in.....which sounded like a girls name sad so that was that. He ended up as Ciar (prn Keer) instead which suits him fine.

NappiesandGladrags Tue 18-Jun-13 23:38:22

GABRIEL - I am biased but we've never met another (he's 4) and we've moved counties in the last 2 years ! On MN I read it really is common but we now live in a very touristy area (lots of visitors from all over the country, and worldwide) Literary fans, walkers, steam train fanatics and people always make a point of expressing how 'unusual' his name is and how much they like it....plus I work in the hotel Industry and never met one either.

Good Luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now