Hector, Lysander or Valentine

(18 Posts)
Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Sat 15-Jun-13 12:05:14

Actually for my new baby dog, is a black flatcoat retriever. beautiful but a tad stupid, was thinking Lysander after the hero in The Man Who made Husbands Jealous, also beautiful but stupid.
Hector, big Trojan hero, stonking name.
Or just quite like Valentine!

Hector is a wonderful doggy name!

KikkiK Sat 15-Jun-13 12:16:07

Oh thank God you are talking about a dog! Was trying to think of a polite way to talk someone out of Lysander or Valentine for a human baby.
I'd go for Hector. Lysander, nicknamed Sandy would be nice, but a black dog called Sandy may be a little odd!

AnotherLovelyCupOfTea Sat 15-Jun-13 13:26:29

What is it with Hector? it's such a random name but yet there are babies cropping up called Hector with some frequency now.

Valentine I love but I wouldn't have the courage! what about Victor? I like Victor.

Lysander. Em. Again, I wouldn't have the nerve. I do like nn Sandy on a boy though. Not on a girl.

AnotherLovelyCupOfTea Sat 15-Jun-13 13:26:46

oh sorry! woof woof

Thumbwitch Sat 15-Jun-13 13:27:38

Hector!

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 15-Jun-13 14:01:00

Hector is a great dog name!

fussychica Sat 15-Jun-13 14:25:43

I was just going to say "Please don't do it" or "No, just no" but who cares it's a dog - and for a dog it's Hector for me - knock yourself outgrin

DramaAlpaca Sat 15-Jun-13 14:30:58

Hector is a brilliant name - for a dog!

DramaAlpaca Sat 15-Jun-13 14:31:17

Lysander is more of a cat name...

squoosh Sat 15-Jun-13 15:01:21

Phew! I too clicked in to say 'DON'T DO IT!' Hector, Valentine and Lysander sound like a foppish trio that would have been in Oscar Wilde's entourage.

But for a dog you should definitely go with Hector. Great doggy name.

grin Another who clicked on to say none. I like the idea of a doggy hector.

Thumbwitch Sat 15-Jun-13 15:43:43

how many people remember this?
Subliminal messaging for why Hector is the best name for a dog wink

chickydoo Sat 15-Jun-13 15:47:54

Hector's house. Lovely kids programme from the 70's Hector was a daft old dog with catch phrase "silly old Hector"

chickydoo Sat 15-Jun-13 15:48:39

Beat me to it thumbwitch

A liitle boy who l

Stupid phone, sorry!

A little boy who lives nearby is called Hector and I always smile to myself as we walk past 'Hector's house'!

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Sun 16-Jun-13 05:49:48

Hector it is, thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now