Aggghh...help with girls' names please!

(31 Posts)
Laquila Thu 13-Jun-13 16:23:15

I'm due in Aug and don't know the gender. We have a boys' name that we're happy with but are really struggling with a girls' name. The ones we like are generally arguably/technically boys' names that could be used for girls...current top three as follows:

Corin
Auden
Delphine (obvs I know this one isn't a boys' name!)

Can anyone suggest anything that we might not have thought of?!

We'd like something fairly unusual it not bonkers - not Top 100 though. Middle name likely to be Grace. Other names we like but not quite enough to use are:

Meredith
Cecilia/Cecily
Hester
Alexandra

We're not keen on anything too girly (such as Milly, Daisy, Lily or similar) or too retro (Elsie, Maud, Mabel etc).

Any suggestions very gratefully received!

Laquila Sun 16-Jun-13 15:04:21

Thanks both.

I think it might sort of be the "fullness" of Corinne that I'm not so keen on! I like the quite spare, almost curt look and sound of both Corin and Auden.

Not a fan of Daphne but I do quite like Coralie. Husband also likes Hebe but I knew a dog called Hebe belonging to some people I didn't like much, which has out me off!

Other possibilities are Anwen, Alba and Rowan (although my husband seems convinced that the latter is a boy's name).

ComeAlongPond Sun 16-Jun-13 15:38:39

Rowan is lovely. I know someone called Rowida - pronounced Row as in doe, I as in me, myself, and I, and da as in the phonetic 'duh' sound.

Aubin? Aubrey? Avery?

Cora?

Tessa or Thalia if you like Thea?

Hester, if you like the sound of Hebe but don't like its dog connotations?

gintastic Sun 16-Jun-13 22:30:15

My daughter is Anwen :-) love the name, although people keep asking if I'm a LOTR fan... FYI, she was called Arwen, the lass in LOTR, our Anwen is just because I liked the name. OH is Welsh, so my brood all have welsh names.

Vijac Sun 16-Jun-13 23:13:16

I like Alexandra.

MrsFrederickWentworth Sun 16-Jun-13 23:17:07

Esme
Peta
Petra
Delith
Mally
Evelyn

peppapigmustdie Sun 16-Jun-13 23:21:05

Madryn
Robyn
Christina

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now