Midsummer baby.

(13 Posts)
Turniptwirl Thu 13-Jun-13 16:51:38

I used to know an Autumn Summers. Just cruel I think!

Ahhhh thanks for all your suggestions guys.

Puck is awesome for a nickname!

I'm probably going to resign to the fact that it was an early morning hair brained idea after a very sleepless and indigestiony night, and probably give into the fact that dh and I only really agree on Cleo, Juliette and Lillian and probably call her one of those.

Thanks again.

LentilAsAnything Thu 13-Jun-13 14:47:53

Fae - it means fairy.
Fae Titania is sweet. I love Titania but agree about the potential problematic nicknames. Not that this puts people off calling their sons William, mind! But for a middle name, I think it's wearable.

21st is longest day and solstice but I was always told midsummer was 25th June! Solstice would make a good name but sounds like you wouldn't get it past your DH!

Cobweb would make a nice NN. Otherwise it's Hippolyta or Thisbe ... or Lysandra?

MsJupiterJones Thu 13-Jun-13 11:34:05

Puck!

Great for either sex.

Small opportunity for rhyme-based nns admittedly but got to be worth it.

Exhaustipated Thu 13-Jun-13 09:33:51

What about June? Love that name. Or a flower name?

Sorry Zola its s girl. I would have loved lysander tho!

I just think of Esther Rantzen (can't spell!) and she is so weird and creepy. So no.

ZolaBuddleia Thu 13-Jun-13 07:44:11

Esther means sun. Any good?

Demetrius or Lysander?

Bottom? grin

I couldn't remember all their names, only titania. Seems too many moons have passed since GCSE English.

Cobweb would just be the most cruel thing to call a child wouldn't it!

Helena is a good option, I don't know if dh will like it. Fussy bugger. He's worse than me.

Ham69 Thu 13-Jun-13 07:40:23

Or Hermione instead of Hermia. Good luck.

Ham69 Thu 13-Jun-13 07:36:39

I was going to say the same. Cobweb, Mustardseed, etc, wouldn't be my first choice! Also Titania may have unfortunate abbreviations. Helena is lovely, maybe Hermia at a push?

TanteRose Thu 13-Jun-13 07:29:10

welll, the fairies are Titania, Peaseblossom, Cobweb and Moth...so, maybe not grin

Helena is lovely!

Summer is used as a name too, maybe a middle name?

how about Helena Summer? or Helena June

Hello,
First Fred, please be kind! But I am fully prepared to be told I am an hormonal nutter.

Dd1 was due last Saturday, failed sweep yesterday. (Couldn't find cervix at first, then told it was completely closed, feel like a big fat failure over that, but that's another thread!)
Induction now booked for next Thursday 20th, so may end up having baby on 21st, midsummer and also my anniversary. Totally outted myself there.

WIBU to nme the baby something to do with midsummer? Are there any names that you would associate with this day? I'm thinking the fairies from A Midsummer Night's Dream, but my dh has very conservative tastes.

Any ideas or is it naff and mad?

Tia. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now