Opinions on Florence please?

(54 Posts)
evelynj Sun 09-Jun-13 23:21:39

hi all, I'm due in 5 weeks & almost set on this name if its a girl, our surname is Jones. NN would be Flora, Florrie, flossie, Flopsie, Flo.
What does everyone think of this?

Other possibilities are Elizabeth/Betsy, (worried royal baby may have this tho), Georgia, Jasmine, Penelope.

3yo son is Dylan

Thanks in advance smile

AllegraLilac Sat 29-Jun-13 23:28:55

78 year old Granny is a Florence. Would love to use the name for that reason.

evelynj Sat 29-Jun-13 23:51:04

Thanks for comments-I can't really believe that she'll look like a name when she comes out but I guess we'll wait & see.

In utero she's baby Jemima (DS was jeronimo) so maybe I'll ask dh if we can stick to that for first couple of days until we're sure of a choice. When our son was born we went with Dylan but remember feeling overwhelmed & kind of pushed to make a decision!

2 weeks to go anyway. Can't wait!

ZZZenagain Sat 29-Jun-13 23:52:08

I like FLorence

evelynj Sat 29-Jun-13 23:57:34

Sorry tickledyellow-I don't understand the cross section of society comment either. Is it as in its chavvy like Chardonnay? (hoping not to offend anyone with a child called Chardonnay!!)

It's difficult to know as I don't want popularity to be an issue if I like it & have done for years but top 15, eek, that's really high.

Mind you I also like Grace, Bridget and Nora but not going to happen with a surname like jones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now