Brought to your by the letter C...Cassia, Cecily and Corin?

(29 Posts)
Laquila Sat 18-May-13 21:19:49

Evening all, my husband and I are working through a (fairly terrible) baby name book at the mo and did the Cs in a long car journey today...can you please let me have you first thoughts on the three above?

Cassia I'n not really sure about, but my husband and I agree on so few girl's names that I have to grasp anything I can with both hands at the moment!

I've always liked Cecile, but am starting to think Cecily is better with our surname. Is it a bit prissy, though?

I'd always thought Corin was unisex but thinking about it, I can only think of Corin Redgrave and a boy called Corin from my home village. I still really like it for a girl, though.

jkklpu Sun 19-May-13 16:57:54

Corin is both - the only one I know personally is a woman.
Not keen on Cassia. How about Caroline, nn Cassie?
There's also Celia, if you think Cecile/Cecily are a bit too much.

thegreylady Sun 19-May-13 17:15:51

Cassandra?
Cecelia?

minipie Sun 19-May-13 18:32:46

Love, love Corin and Cecily. Great names. Cassia is ok.

Corin is a boy to me. I like Corinne or Carine as the girl version but yes I would pronounce these as Cor-een.

LlamateurDramatics Mon 20-May-13 21:30:17

Corin is the name I'll never be allowed to use, I love it and really wanted to call DS Corin but DH said it sounded too much like Colin which he doesn't like sad. Cecily's a beautiful name too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now