38wks still undecided on a baby name...help!

(18 Posts)
LovingQOKFAL Sat 18-May-13 18:40:02

Harriet and Lucia for girls, definitely.

sleepingbeautiful Sat 18-May-13 18:27:44

Fraser is my BIL's name and he really likes his name.
Eli could also be for Elias.
I like Harriet best from your girl's names. Love Hattie as nn.

Love, love love LOVE Fraser (( did I mention I love Fraser ?? ))

I wanted to call ds Fraser but already know one (( the kindest, lovliest gentle man who ever landed on earth ))

Pray the baby is a boy just so you can use Fraser wink

Dillydollydaydream Sat 18-May-13 17:49:51

I'm just glad I'm only having a singleton, can't imagine choosing names for twins or more!

Layl77 Sat 18-May-13 17:45:21

I like Harriet & Hattie is very cute!

Dillydollydaydream Sat 18-May-13 17:41:13

Thanks all.
I'm just so indecisive I think if I don't have a firm idea of name this baby won't be registered for weeks wink
Also, dd & ds are 10&7 and I wish now I'd chosen different names even though they obviously Suit their names now.
I dont want to regret the name choice this time.
I think I'm leaning towards Harriet (dhs favourite).

Oh and no, no, no to Neve - awful.

Love Niamh and Harriet and considered both for my dds. Love Noah and like Elijah. Hate Fraser, sorry.

TimeyWimey Sat 18-May-13 17:07:58

Freya is lovely. It seems to be a popular choice on here but not sure how many people actually go with it in the end. Love Elijah too. Good luck!

driftwoodsands Sat 18-May-13 13:12:42

I agree with Decoy. For middle names you could go with Harriet Rebecca, Lucia Rose or Annabelle Charlotte. I think James is a good solid middle name that goes with all your boy choices.

Decoy Sat 18-May-13 12:08:46

Niamh is quite nice but I'd spell it Neve if you're not Irish.

Harriet, Lucia and Annabelle all lovely. And the date connection with Lucia is nice too.

Freya is a bit faddy IMHO.

Noah is nice, but popular as you say.

Eli is very nice and yes it's a name in its own right (there was an Eli in the Bible who was a different person from Elijah)

Not keen on Fraser.

JojoMags Sat 18-May-13 11:58:15

Love Harriet, like Annabelle, would be confused about pn of Lucia and don't like Niamh. Fraser is my favourite of the boys, but Noah is good too.

ImaginaryHat Sat 18-May-13 10:42:46

I agree, I think all of the names on your shortlist are nice. Personally I prefer Harriet and Lucia from your girls list and Elijah from your boys, but I too would just wait until she(he) is born and see which suits baby best.

all lovely. wait and see what she looks like!

ZolaBuddleia Sat 18-May-13 09:33:49

Niamh is a bit of an odd choice if you have no Irish connections. Wouldn't worry about the spelling though, she could learn it!

Freya v popular, as is Noah.

I love Harriet and Fraser. Annabelle isn't to my taste, and I've seen Elijah on here quite a bit which makes me think it's getting popular. Love Lucia, which way would you pronounce it? Loosha? Loo- cheeya? Loo-seeya?

PaulineFossil Sat 18-May-13 09:33:01

They're all lovely names. I probably wouldn't go for Niamh for the reasons you mention. If you like a name I wouldn't let popularity alone put you off. I have a classic but unusual name and am only just coming round to it in my mid-thirties. I hated standing out at school and have often found people's preconceptions difficult to deal with. Always wished I was called Clare or Louise!

It's not a huge list, so why not wait until she's born and then see what 'fits' - you have 6 weeks before you need to register it and I think it's much easier to know if it's the right name once you're using it iykwim.

TallulahBetty Sat 18-May-13 09:29:58

Can't you just wait til the baby is born and see what they suit? Not helpful, I know, but I don't understand why people NEED to decide on one definite name beforehand smile

Dillydollydaydream Sat 18-May-13 08:40:02

I'm just over 38 weeks with what we have been told is a girl but I'm planning on having a back up boys name just incase!

Dh and I keep changing our minds and can't seem to agree on names. Our short list is rather mixed so any opinions or suggestions would be great.

For girls we have

Niamh - really like the name but we're not Irish so might get a few raised eyebrows at the spelling and might be hard in the future for her to spell as it isn't sounded phonetically iykwim?

Harriet- not sure if too old fashioned but like the possibility for future nicknames, can imagine a teenaged Harri for example or a little Hattie?

Freya - not sure if this is too popular now, seems to be increasing in popularity?

Lucia - a bit different and In the Catholic faith Saint Lucia's feast day is my birthday.

Annabelle - pretty? Less popular than Isabelle which I also like.

For boys we like

Noah - again becoming very popular.

Eli/Elijah - prefer Eli but not sure if its too short for a proper name?

Fraser - liked this for ages.

Haven't chosen any middle names for either. Completely struggling here...help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now