Expand my list of boys names - they weren't easy!

(30 Posts)
Festen Wed 15-May-13 20:05:45

I'm expecting my first baby in November. I'm going to keep the sex a surprise so need to have boys and girls names in the bag. There are several girls names I like, but I'm not keen on boys names so I'm struggling. Here's my list, can you rate or help me add to it?

Tom
Ross
Russ
Alexei
Toby

I've also always liked the name Guy but just not sure I could go through with it...

It's worth adding that baby will have some German heritage including a very German surname.

miffybun73 Fri 17-May-13 15:18:10

I like Tom best.

How about Daniel, James or Matthew ?

Eskino Fri 17-May-13 15:22:48

Leonard
Douglas
Martin
Clive
Cliff
John

JojoMags Fri 17-May-13 18:24:06

i like all but Russ, which sounds like a dog. Rafe or Joshua for other suggestions. Have come across 2 baby Joshuas with an English and German parent. Apparently it works well in both languages!

Festen Sat 18-May-13 13:43:48

Oooh, thanks to you lot Ben, Stefan, Lawrence and Leo are going on the list. Ben is a great name but I've had three past boyfriends called Ben, so if I can put those associations to one side....!!

Lawrence is also great, a bit posh for where we live though (South Yorkshire) so I would have to think about that carefully. Stefan is a new idea so I'll peruse that for a while. Leo is cool too.

I'll update after I've had the first name conversation with DP. No doubt he'll say it's too early for him to think about it! grin

delilah88 Wed 22-May-13 21:00:42

Instead of Ross what about Russ? Russell.
Huw?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now