CLAIRE for a BOY?

(67 Posts)
salmanadersamantha Wed 15-May-13 14:25:14

Hi,

I'm new to mumsnet so sorry if I get anything wrong! I was wondering what people thought about the name 'Claire' for a boy? I'm due in a couple of weeks and I quite like the idea but my husband's not sure. I know it's slightly unorthodox!

recall Wed 15-May-13 16:23:00

I have three sons…all called Claire

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Wed 15-May-13 16:23:21

Lovely for a boy too, how about Lucy as a middle name.

elQuintoConyo Wed 15-May-13 16:49:43

Nursey in Blackadder - wasn't her name Bernard?

We have dts Persephone and Maud, expecting dc3, a dd we'll call Jesus grin

BraveLilBear Wed 15-May-13 17:01:47

Lol at the reference to Sharon and Tracey... Tracey is actually an actual unisex name, popular in America on boys, spelled without the e. I should know - I carry the male spelling as a middle name. <Thanks parents>

I'd much prefer Bella on a boy tbh...

That's one of my fave HQ messages EVAH.

AuntieStella Wed 15-May-13 17:16:31

If Bernard's OK for a girl, does that also make Sodoff OK for a boy?

Though Bob has crept in as a female nn.

seeker Wed 15-May-13 18:48:14

Or Donald and Eric?

everlong Wed 15-May-13 20:46:03

What is going on with all the trolls?

Come on trolls if you're gonna post pick a better topic than calling your boy dog Claire smile

hawkmcqueen Wed 15-May-13 20:52:25

I'm with you domesticCEO, name him Sue

ifindoubtnamechange Wed 15-May-13 21:42:19

I met one once.. about twenty five years ago. He wasn't very nice. Probably because he had struggled through life as a Boy Named Sue Clair

KittenofDoom Wed 15-May-13 23:12:22

Was the Oscar one a troll too? I never believed that one for a moment,

mikkii Wed 15-May-13 23:18:07

I don't understand why you'd do this. I went on a residential course and when the rooms were allocated, Lee was put in a boys room. Unfortunately Lee was a girl.......

raisah Thu 16-May-13 03:21:57

If your secondary school is anything like my local one then you might need to send him to some self defense classes first. Please give him a known boys name, life is hard for kids in general so dont add a further obstacle for him.

BoyMeetsWorld Sat 18-May-13 07:44:00

Clair is a male name in quite a lot of romantic literature. If you don't want the odd looks use it as a nn for Sinclair

KittenofDoom Sat 18-May-13 12:40:46

People, this is not real

mewkins Sat 18-May-13 21:56:32

I am a Claire. Was at school with approx. 325 other Claires, met many more in the years since. They have all been girls.

I know a male Kerry, a male Vivian and a female Kevin.......I still wouldn't do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now