Go on be brutal. We have a list for DS2...

(86 Posts)
Kyrptonite Thu 09-May-13 13:49:31

I'm not overly fussed about how well they go with the other DCs. After all as an adult how often do you say yours and your siblings names together?

My names:
Cooper
Thomas
Woodrow (Woody)

DPs names (as I'm pretending to humour him):
Thompson
Gibson
Hendrix
Wolfric

Last name is double barralled. First part rhymes with tasted and second is castle. Other DCs are Lilly, Jack and Alexandra.

StrawberryMojito Mon 13-May-13 20:29:19

Cooper

twinklestar2 Mon 13-May-13 21:43:14

Lol @ 'woody being a grower' grin

I'd go for Edward with the nickname Woody.

forgetmenots Mon 13-May-13 22:34:52

I just think he will have two boys, one called Jack (consistently the most popular boys name) and one called something really out there - doesn't fit!
So on that basis, Thomas, though it wouldn't be my pick of a name to be honest.

I had thought Marshall like Jumpingjacksprat, just stay away from Les Paul, and Fender won't work!

TiggyD Mon 13-May-13 22:52:46

Cooper - Nah.
Thomas - OK but lots of them.
Woodrow (Woody) - God no.
Thompson - Is he a gazelle or a machine gun?
Gibson - After the famous sexist anti-Semite?
Hendrix - Hippy crap.
Wolfric - Oh now you're just taking the piss!

TiggyD Mon 13-May-13 22:57:39

Edward but called Woody is good.

hbmeic Mon 13-May-13 23:53:35

They are all really awful, sorry. Give him a proper name like your other DCS.

Decoy Mon 13-May-13 23:56:35

The name isn't Edwood though.

sleepywombat Tue 14-May-13 05:32:10

'I'd go with Cooper, I'd be more intrigued to meet a Cooper whereas if you throw a stick there's a fair to middling chance you'll hit a Thomas.'

Completely the opposite here (QLD Australia). Cooper was the most popular boys' name in 2011 here & no.2 in 2012. Can't stand it. For me it sounds 'chavvy' (for want of a better word - know you lot don't like it) & I think of pooper scooper!

Go with Thomas.

mathanxiety Tue 14-May-13 06:44:24

Don't pick Cooper. Inspired by Sleepywombat's post - I know a large dog of that name and he is known by his many friends and fans, and especially by his walkers, as 'Pooper'. He is terrifying to look at as he has a lot of Doberman in him but he's actually a gentle soul.

Thomas is the best name of the lot.

I like the suggestion of Marshall too.

lljkk Tue 14-May-13 07:18:16

Wolfric got votes of approval here.

Bit of a Rock & Roll your DH, eh? I like the originality, your choices are a bit dull in my mind. That said:
Woody & Wolfric are equally horrible imho. Rest are okay.

If he likes Hendrix & Gibson, why not Paul or Jimmy/James which go well with your other DC names, too? Alice Cooper's real name is Vincent, any good?

lljkk Tue 14-May-13 07:19:52

oops, sorry I meant Les for Gibson not Paul, oops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now