Go on be brutal. We have a list for DS2...

(86 Posts)
Kyrptonite Thu 09-May-13 13:49:31

I'm not overly fussed about how well they go with the other DCs. After all as an adult how often do you say yours and your siblings names together?

My names:
Cooper
Thomas
Woodrow (Woody)

DPs names (as I'm pretending to humour him):
Thompson
Gibson
Hendrix
Wolfric

Last name is double barralled. First part rhymes with tasted and second is castle. Other DCs are Lilly, Jack and Alexandra.

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 09-May-13 15:56:06

Do you mean the woody is too big to bear? grin

MummyBurrows Thu 09-May-13 15:56:56

Your DP sounds as mental as my DH! Mine seriously wants to call our DC2 Sparticus,Maximus Meridius,Romulas or some other roman name if its a boy!!

Of all the names listed Thomas,Charlie and Henry fit best with your other DCs names. Cooper is a very popular surname where I am so therefore its not a "proper" first name imo...

ipswitch Thu 09-May-13 15:59:22

Another vote for Thomas

I really like your other dcs names too,but I think any of the other suggestions makes me think a step child/ new partner thingy going on as they dont fit at all. .

ouryve Thu 09-May-13 15:59:28

No one wants a nickname like Woody as a teenage boy.

Just saying, like.

spanky2 Thu 09-May-13 16:01:28

Woody and Randy are boys names in America but not here as they mean different things here! I think Thomas with a more unusual middle name.

squoosh Thu 09-May-13 16:02:21

I think if the name Woody can reduce a forum of women to sniggering school boys well then it's a definite 'no'.

squoosh Thu 09-May-13 16:03:00

But please give one your husband's nuttso names as a middle name!

nameuschangeus Thu 09-May-13 16:04:16

Don't let your hubby have final choice!!

Yours, however, are fab.

Heavywheezing Thu 09-May-13 16:06:52

Do you like guitars? Gibson and Hendrix.

I like woody and Wolfie.

What about jimmy(page) or barnaby blue (b.b) wasted-castle?

MummyBurrows Thu 09-May-13 16:07:01

Thomas Wolfric rhymes-with-wasted Castle actually has quite a nice ring to it....one to consider as a compromise perhaps OP??

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 09-May-13 16:10:45

squoosh good thought about Randy grin

Kyrptonite Thu 09-May-13 16:12:41

We are tossing (snigger) up between Cooper and Thomas at the moment.

Lets forget I mentioned Woody. Baby brain made me think of cowboys and not cocks as it should have done!

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 09-May-13 16:15:27

Cooper is nice btw. I don't have a problem with American names. (As long as they don't have a different meaning here). And really there's nothing wrong if the name is a bit American, is there?

squoosh Thu 09-May-13 16:16:42

I'd go with Cooper, I'd be more intrigued to meet a Cooper whereas if you throw a stick there's a fair to middling chance you'll hit a Thomas.

teatimesthree Thu 09-May-13 16:22:26

"I really like Wolfric, and I think Wolfric Wasted-Castle nn Foxy has a good ring to it." Hahahaha!

AmandaPayneNeedsANap Thu 09-May-13 16:23:33

Thomas is fine, and goes with the siblings. I'm not a big one for worrying if sibling names match (my two don't), but I do think it's a bit weird if there are three that do and an odd one out.

Cooper is ok, though I'm not a big fan of 'surname as first name'.

Your husband's list is awful. If he wants to name him after a guitar or a musician surely it's Orville and Jimmy (was his full name James?).

James Marshall is the ideal compromise for your DH. It was Jimi Hendrix's name and has a nod to Marshall amplification too but is nice and ordinary to pacify the Mumsnet jury!

Don't do Thomas please too Tank Enginey.

Theas18 Mon 13-May-13 08:11:21

go for Thomas or Thompson .He'll be tom almost all his life anyway and you'll both have " won"

jellybeans Mon 13-May-13 18:27:44

Thomas

is the only nice one, sorry!

VerySmallSqueak Mon 13-May-13 18:29:28

I like Hendrix.

LadyLech Mon 13-May-13 19:45:05

My Godson is a Woody (short for Woodrow) and whilst at first everyone was very hmm about it, now it is just his name and everyone accepts it. He doesn't get teased at school, children don't think twice about it. I think he has more toy story comments than anything else.

Woody is definitely a grower, and I now quite like it smile.

CPtart Mon 13-May-13 20:12:57

MummyBurrows - my DS goes to school with a Maximus!

Thomas is ok, best of a bad bunch.

JojoMags Mon 13-May-13 20:18:53

Cooper makes me think of mini coopers and mini is not a nn any boy wants!

JennyEnglish Mon 13-May-13 20:21:02

It has to be Thomas.

Especially as your other children's names are normal.

JumpingJackSprat Mon 13-May-13 20:28:09

Am i sensing a theme with gibson and hendrix...? If so what about marshall? :D i know someone who named his son after his amp as gibson got vetoed! How about Saul after Slash of guns n roses fame if you dont like hendrix? Saul is not too out there i think but not common either. Love your guys taste in names, (not woody though!!) makes a change from the usual names on here which are the same thread after thread! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now