Care to peruse my girls list?

(93 Posts)

We don't know the sex yet,but we have a very small boys list and will probbaly settle on one soon.Girls,I'm having more trouble with...
Will be a sibling to Skye and Arlo.

Opinions and suggestions please,I've looked at a lot of names (this is a very short list in comparison!) but I haven't found 'the one' yet,unless one of these grows on me....

Etta
Sylvie
Ivy
Elsa
Romy
Hera
Nell
Merryn (merry)
Vita
Pippa
Zinnia
Calla
Rita

FetaCheeny Fri 10-May-13 16:54:04

Great selection of names! My favourites are:

- Sylvie (but much prefer sylvia with nn Sylvie)
- Merryn - BEAUTIFUL name
- Zinnia - Really pretty and unusual

I Think Calla is also pretty, but prefer Callia.
Not so keen on Ivy ot Nell.

georgettemagritte Fri 10-May-13 16:43:01

IMO the ones which go best with Skye and Arlo are:

Merryn
Romy
Hera
Nell
Pippa
Calla

but the one I most prefer is Merryn.

ELR Thu 09-May-13 21:39:35

Sorry just read your last comment from your short list I like Etta then merryn not too keen on the rest

ELR Thu 09-May-13 21:36:35

I love Tabitha and Etta

Hurray grin I love a nice squishy new baby pic!

No,not Gaia,a close friends child is named this. I'm happy with the names on my list now,I just need to decide the order of the MN's.....and choose a favorite of course!

BikeRunSki Thu 09-May-13 20:22:44

Skye, Arlo and Gaia?

SilverBirdie Thu 09-May-13 19:42:53

Of course frigg you know we're photo mad here. Millions of J on there grin

Skye's mn name is Matilda.
So that might be an odd thing to do in our case wink

AnAirOfHope Thu 09-May-13 16:23:58

Out of your list i like Merryn the best.

With the siblings names i would call new baby girl Matilda nn Tilly.

Skye and Tilly
Arlo and Tilly

I like Tilly blush

Of the baby,I mean...

<<Waves madly back>>

Yes,a BFP! grin thanks.

Ooooh,you don't have long now! There will be pictures on FB,won't there?! grin

SilverBirdie Thu 09-May-13 16:05:29

<<Waves from Beady>>
Top three:
Elsa
Sylvie
Merryn

I like Pippa and Nell too.

ELsa is our no. 2 and Sylvie (dm is Sylvia) our no.3 choice for dd due in a few weeks.

So you got a bfp?? Horrah grin huge congrats

I already mentioned up there ^ that Iona and Islay will forever be whiskey to me wink they are also gaining in popularity a little to fast for my liking.
I don't like Meredith.
I do like Merryn,so if I have a merry,she'll be a Merryn.
DP has vetoed Tabitha...Elsa is lovely,but I don't think it's going to be the one.

Front runners are still:

Merryn
Romy
Etta
Sylvie

With MN's either Mabel or Beatrice and pip(pa)

It's a lovely feeling to have a nice short list grin

PickleSarnie Thu 09-May-13 15:51:31

Elsa. A million times Elsa.

I love it. It was my baby name. I have two boys and won't be having any more. Am going to get a goldfish or something just so I get to use the name.

JojoMags Thu 09-May-13 14:50:58

Also Tabitha is gorgeous and I think it goes fine with your dds.

JojoMags Thu 09-May-13 14:49:44

Sylvie, Elsa and Pippa are lovely. Nell is fine. Not keen on the others. What about Isla or Iona? Or if you like Merry you could have it as a nn for Meredith.

Merryn is very pretty imo and goes well with your other DC names.

Zinnia, Sylvie and Rita and not nice, sorry.

TheRealFellatio Thu 09-May-13 05:03:22

Elsa is MY baby name, lovingly guarded through three PGs all of which have produced boys, the eldest of whom is now 20 and I refuse to allow it to become the nom du jour, even though I will never get to use it ever

That and Elspeth. I keep seeing them mentioned on here lately and they are mine I tell you - mine. grin I having been clining to the hope of putting pressure on whichever of my sons produces the first granddaughter to use it. hmm

mathanxiety Thu 09-May-13 04:43:44

I don't like Ivy, Hera, Calla or Nell (which reminds me of 'knell'). The rest are lovely and would go well with Skye and Arlo.

I especially like Romy, Elsa and Vita.

Romy Beatrice
Elsa Beatrice
Vita Mabel
?

TheRealFellatio Thu 09-May-13 04:07:48

In 7 years time there will be two or three Merryns in every reception class, you mark my words.

That, and Seren. Two years ago I'd never hear of either of them and now they are the names that everyone on MN coos over every time they are mentioned. If being over-popular doesn't matter to you that's fine, but if it does I'd avoid.

CheerfulYank Thu 09-May-13 02:52:48

I love Merryn. Beatrice and Mabel are also very sweet...I wanted Mabel for the one due in a few weeks, but DH has vetoed.

raisah Thu 09-May-13 02:30:37

Zinnia is a lovely underused flower name.
How about Eloise?

It's okay miffy I'm just a little hormonal grin

miffybun73 Wed 08-May-13 22:42:44

UpTheFRIGGinDuff I feel awful, didn't mean to make you feel sad. As I said, both are lovely names and no reason why they have to match/go together in any way. Your children are individuals after all with their own characters and Skye is a really pretty name.

AuntPittypat Wed 08-May-13 22:35:59

I love, love, love Agnes from your second list. And I think it goes very well with Skye and Arlo (although I know some people don't like to have two DCs with the same initial.
I also really like the name Skye and don't see it as working class at all. In fact, I like all the names you've mentioned so far (except maybe Zinnia). smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now