ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Please help with short list!

(27 Posts)
dinnersinthedawg Mon 06-May-13 00:23:21

I'm 33 weeks and it's taken a while to pull a short list together as DH keeps rejecting all the names I suggest! So it's a brother or sister for Jacob and our surname is a common one ending in 'son'.

Boys:

Charlie - my favourite, DH initially rejected but just this morning said he'd go with it if pushed (think that's the best I'm going to get!) Probably a bit popular although I only know 1 and Jacob's not exactly uncommon anyway so doesn't bother me too much. Think I would go for Charles but call him Charlie.

Elliott - DH and I both like although with slight reservations.

Sebastian - love Seb but not convinced on the full name.

Nathan - DH came up with this, quite like but can't get past the 90s associations.

Girls:

Erin - DH and I have both always liked this. DM thought it sounded too harsh (really should have learnt not to discuss names with her)

Niamh - a late contender, really like it and DH hasn't said no. We don't have Irish connections, does that matter?

Millie - very late contender as our DS said last night that if it was a girl he wanted to call it Millie (he has some wallpaper with a rabbit called Millie on). DS also told DMIL and she loved it. Not sure if it suits an adult though?

Help! Any views welcome...

PinkApple86 Tue 07-May-13 19:09:08

I like Charlie and Nathan for a boy and Erin for a girl. What about Imogen I love that name and is strong like your other choices.

dinnersinthedawg Tue 07-May-13 20:37:09

Thanks PinkApple. I do like Imogen but it is the name of a friend's daughter so don't feel I can use it. Same goes for Eve unfortunately, which I love!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now