Help - its non ID twins and we're not finding out sex, so I need 4 names!!

(52 Posts)
legallyblond Tue 30-Apr-13 13:31:23

Gulp! Could be b/g, g/g or b/b!!

Still have 4 months to go, so have a little while...

We have a Matilda (nn Tilda).

So far our "four" are:

Hugo (first choice if one boy only)
Frank

Valentina (first choice if one girl only)
Grace

One's I have liked but rejected by DH include Patrick and Tessa/Pippa.

What do you think... Any other ideas?

NickNacks Tue 30-Apr-13 13:35:51

I don't have the same taste in names as you so I can't be any help with suggestions but wanted to say congrats on the twins. And even lovelier to not find out. My friend didn't either but knew hers were identical. smile

Catlike Tue 30-Apr-13 13:35:54

Adriana
Paloma
Greta
Fleur
Giselle
Elena

Leon
Edwin
Hayden
Jasper
Gregory

Catlike Tue 30-Apr-13 13:36:33

Congratulations by the way!

MortifiedAdams Tue 30-Apr-13 13:38:16

IF I had a Matilda, I would consider

B/B - George and Henry
G/G - Anna and Juliet

B/G - Anna/George or Juliet/Henry

JojoMags Tue 30-Apr-13 13:48:54

not frank! sorry to be so frank but is terrible! Love Hugo

Catlike Tue 30-Apr-13 13:52:06

Sorry OP, just realised I didn't comment on your choices before offering you more suggestions! Like Hugo, LOVE Valentina, don't like Frank and not really a fan of Grace.

legallyblond Tue 30-Apr-13 13:55:52

I'm not 100% on Frank either. It's my grandfather's name, and I can see it being cool and as Frankie for a baby... I'm just sort of letting if sit there and seeing what I think!

Artichook Tue 30-Apr-13 13:55:59

Matilda is lovely and if I were her sister called Grace then I'd be jealous. What about Beatrice, Tabitha or Dorothea?

I like your boys' names.

Birdies Tue 30-Apr-13 14:11:00

Hugo and Valentina sound lovely together!

Also not keen on Frank and Grace very popular now, but quite nice

TheCraicDealer Tue 30-Apr-13 14:14:29

My DSis' fella is called Francis- I think it's a lovely name! Not so keen on Frank though. Love Valentina. Claudia is another lovely name that would go with Hugo.

legallyblond Tue 30-Apr-13 14:24:41

Claudia is one of my faves but meanings are important to me so I can't do it.... Means lame!

MaryRobinson Tue 30-Apr-13 14:30:53

This time 4 years ago I was in your situation. We decide to just have long lists and to wait and see on the day. This seemed to tAke the pressure off and by the day before we had one firm girls name. When we had two girls the two 'right' names were obvious (and we had pre- agreed the two GM as middle names)

edam Tue 30-Apr-13 14:38:06

Congratulations! How exciting not to know whether they are B/G or BB or GG...

Hugo and Grace are nice. I don't see why a Grace should feel second-best because her sister is Matilda, really don't understand that at all.

How about Lydia for a second female twin? George for a second boy?

Allalonenow Tue 30-Apr-13 14:54:58

Love Hugo and Valentina, Grace is pretty but very popular ATM, but I'm not keen on Frank at all.

TheSecondComing Tue 30-Apr-13 15:00:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flossieflower Tue 30-Apr-13 15:04:28

What makes you so sure they are non identical? I personally know five sets of twins who are monozygotic but had separate placentas (including my own) and I even know of a set of IVF monozygotic twins so don't make assumptions about the zygosity until they arrive!

legallyblond Tue 30-Apr-13 15:15:47

Agree, there is a chance they're identical, but I've been told its slim as they're di everything - 2 sacs (with thick membrane between) and two placentas. But yes, there's a chance the division happened while still way up in the tube and so they could be ID! Part of the surprise!

Any alternatives to Frank are welcome. I like Bryn, but DH doesn't and we're not Welsh! But that sort of thing....

legallyblond Tue 30-Apr-13 15:16:32

I'm 20 weeks so seen them 3 times now!!!

Artichook Tue 30-Apr-13 15:19:36

Alternatives to Frank:
Freddie (Wilfred or Frederick)
Stanley
Arthur

legallyblond Tue 30-Apr-13 15:29:23

Artichook - so along the right lines!!! But, Frederick and Wilfred rejected by DH (I adore Fred in particular); Stanley great but the name of our next door neighbour and DD's best friend (he's exactly the same age as her!) and Arthur rejected by me... Not sure why but I just don't like it! But do nearly!!!

edam Tue 30-Apr-13 15:41:26

I had wondered how you knew they were non-ID - even more exciting now, so many possibilities - BG/non-ID GG/non-ID BB/ID BB/ID GG...

How about Archie? Or Thomas? (Trying to think of names along the lines of Fred...)

Littlecherublegs Tue 30-Apr-13 17:23:09

Congratulations!!

I like Hugo and Grace; dislike Frank and Valentina.

How about:
Albert
Emmett
Fraser
Owen
Spencer
Wyatt
Leo
Victor
Theodore
Edgar

Ava
Faith
Ivy
Bella
Evelyn
Constance
Violet
Clara
Daisy
Iris

fussychica Tue 30-Apr-13 17:43:07

Congrats - how exciting!

Please not Frank, Wilf, Arthur, Stan or other old man up the pub names (sorry my pet hate at the moment, though I appreciate I'm in the minority). I like your other choices. Francis ok.

Alternatives:
Timothy
Aiden
Adam
William
Nathan
James
Luca or Luke

Alica
Laurel
Bryony
Jenny

MummyBurrows Tue 30-Apr-13 18:20:39

Out of the names you've listed,I don't like Frank and not keen on Valentina although it is a lovely and rarely heard.

I think Hugo and Grace is a lovely combo if you have one of each but would reconsider the other 2 names personally.

Its its any help a friend of mine has 2 sets of twins. They are called Max,Amelia,Jack and Madeline...Popular names I grant you but they make a lovely sibset smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now