Beatrice Lydia - love it, but with our surname?

(35 Posts)
GettingObsessive Sun 28-Apr-13 13:17:55

DH loves Lydia, I love Beatrice, and I prefer the sound of Beatrice Lydia to Lydia Beatrice. But (and its a big but) our surname begins with a T.

Would it really be too cruel to inflict those initials on the baby?

GettingObsessive Tue 30-Apr-13 19:01:11

Oh and Notnowcato there are no other names that DH likes, ther than Claudia and he keeps saying that in a stupid cod Italian accent like "cloud-ia" hmm

He's the reason our "long list" of boys names is only three names long!!

Well It could be a bit mumsnet skewed - that it's popular here so seems more popular? I only know my Bea actually. Last time some stats came out I think it was still just outside the top 100.

Yup 126 in 2011 with 460 little girls. The top name was Amelia with over 5000!

Just looked up my other girl's names - at 800 and something and 1400+!

Link here where you can download it if wanted.

GettingObsessive Tue 30-Apr-13 19:13:30

Yes, there is possibly a MN bias, I hadn't thought of that. Burning think we live in a very "MN area" and I think that names that are popular on MN are likely to be popular round our way, IYSWIM.

Lydia is at 99 I think, and not (in my view) likely to rise.

OkayHazel Tue 30-Apr-13 19:30:14

If you can't think of another middle name... why not use your first name?

GettingObsessive Tue 30-Apr-13 19:45:09

Sorry Hazel, that's another one of my no nos (can you see why this is so difficult grin) and besides, my name as her middle name would spell BAT.

I think not grin

ThePavlovianCat Tue 30-Apr-13 21:39:11

Well you have very good taste. This is my secret name choice (although in the other order) if we have another girl.

GettingObsessive Tue 30-Apr-13 21:50:39

<takes a bow>

I know smile

DH is being thoroughly unhelpful (cf comments about Claudia above) and mostly just veto-ing random names. It's like bedroom curtain fabricgate all over again - I'm supposed to just keep presenting fabric samples names until we hit upon one that's acceptable to him hmm

But he did go out and get me a Magnum the other week and he has done a brilliant job of telling his DM where to stick her "well meaning concern and advice".

CruCru Wed 01-May-13 16:07:58

This wouldn't even press my buttons. It's not like it spells out BUM or POO. BLT isn't bad or offensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now