Dorothy for a girl?

(11 Posts)
OrangeFootedScrubfowl Sun 28-Apr-13 16:48:24

I really like Dorothy.

Lolapink Sun 28-Apr-13 16:20:40

I love it, it's one of my choices!

Blowninonabreeze Sun 28-Apr-13 16:17:30

Thanks for all the opinions, I was fairly convinced it wouldn't be universally liked, but as long as it wasn't universally hated, I'd be happy!

Like Dorrie too, so will continue working on DH

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 28-Apr-13 14:49:48

My friend is a Dorothy and utterly hates it - refuses to answer to it. I keep trying to convince her it's a fab name to no avail.

KittenofDoom Sun 28-Apr-13 14:37:51

Me too, I associate Dot with old ladies, but Dory is another possible pet name.

I once knew a very glamorous Dorothy (well, Dorothée actually, she was French) and no one ever shortened her name. It's not inevitable.

But don't like dot as nn

Lovely

Clawdy Sun 28-Apr-13 13:42:05

Sounds a bit too old-fashioned and middle-aged auntyish to me,I'm afraid,and Dot reminds me of Dot Cotton.

Lovely!

I knew a Dorrie too. I find that fresher than Dot.

I also love Theodora.

Exhaustipated Sun 28-Apr-13 12:05:12

Love it. Also love Dorothea. Means Gods gift. I knew one known as Dorrie which I liked.

It is gaining in popularity (granny chic) so will soon be quite a young name I reckon! Perhaps this will help convince your DH (or not)?

Blowninonabreeze Sun 28-Apr-13 12:02:19

I've got my heart set on Dorothy if dc3 is a girl.... With nicknames Dot and Dotty...
Dh needs more convincing so I may or may not show him this thread depending upon which way it goes! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now