Right, boys names...

(23 Posts)
Starfishkiss Sat 27-Apr-13 22:28:13

I am 5mths pg and really struggling to come up with a short list of boys names, could you give me an opinion on these to start me off:

Dillon James
Joseph Casper
Ellis James
Woody Sebastian
Luca Sebastian
Theo James

TIA!!

Jnote Sat 27-Apr-13 22:39:59

Only one that jumps out at me and that I don't like is Woody Sebastian. Mainly cause Woody before another name sounds like an adjective and the fact that it reminds me of my sister's first boyfriend, who was a total 80's "jock" who wore his high school jacket daily with sports patches on(american school). Think breakfast club smile

picnicbasketcase Sat 27-Apr-13 22:41:55

I don't like Dillon (but spelled Dylan it's okay) or Woody. All the rest are nice.

5madthings Sat 27-Apr-13 22:43:21

I have a Dylan Lucas smile

And a Theo(dore)

My nephew is a Caspar.

So I love all those names smile

5madthings Sat 27-Apr-13 22:43:45

Woody was also on our list smile

exoticfruits Sat 27-Apr-13 22:54:17

Theo James

(Not Woody - lots of jokes on that one)

Starfishkiss Sat 27-Apr-13 22:57:21

Jnote smile I was particularly interested in people's opinions on Woody, I think it's a interesting (and potentially cool?) name but worried that it may completely backfire and be a difficult name for him to carry off in the playground!

I like Elias and Luca and Sebastian. Woody sounds like somebody desperately trying to be cool to me.

Like Dylan but not Dillon.

Bowlersarm Sat 27-Apr-13 23:22:10

Agree that Woody is too try hard really. Nickname for Edward would work. Like all your other names except Ellis

Still18atheart Sat 27-Apr-13 23:29:45

Dillon James - like but prefer the Dylan spelling

Joseph Casper - Quite like but the only Casper i've known was a ghost

Ellis James - Quite Like
Woody Sebastian - No too Woody perhaps Edward and Woddy as a nn but even then too many opportunites for school kids to pick on. Also too Toy Story
Love Sebastian

Luca Sebastian - quite like
Theo James - love best of the lot imo

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sat 27-Apr-13 23:44:19

Just to be difficult I like Theo Caspar.

Of your list Luca Sebastian is my favourite then Ellis James.

Woody I'd think of as a nickname for heaven knows what but quite striking - not as a given name though.

Laquila Sat 27-Apr-13 23:53:44

I love Theo James. Also like Joseph Casper, and Luca Sebastian. I think you might end up regretting Woody.

BrieMonster Sun 28-Apr-13 05:18:28

Well I love woody! Would choose Edward as 'proper' name though. And I love Dillon too.

Meringue33 Sun 28-Apr-13 06:18:46

I love Woody (would have been short for Woodrow), but DP wouldn't let me as he said it is slang for "erection".

Love Sebastian, Luca and Casper, though I find it a bit odd that Luca has become so popular with English families, I sort of think you should have Italian heritage to choose it.

Starfishkiss Sun 28-Apr-13 12:16:31

I like Theo and Luca a lot, and I think they go well with my DS's name and our surname. I worry about people thinking Luca sounds to Italian though, and that Theo will get pronounced as Feo?
Ellis keeps drawing me back in, it's quite unusual, or is it too American?
Woody as a nn for Edward is a good idea.... Gosh I forgot how hard this was!! grin

messagetoyourudy Sun 28-Apr-13 12:47:13

I have a Woody - short for Woodrow so maybe I'm biased - it's a great name!
Once he started school he chose to be called Woodrow by his teachers and friends, but some still call him Woody as a nn, and at home he is an even mixture of both.

I think my only advice would be that some people will always have an opinion (behind your back) about any name, but YOU have to be happy and love the name. It will then grow to suit the child.

fussychica Sun 28-Apr-13 16:45:52

Not Woody - ok as nn for Edward.
Prefer Dylan to Dillon
Not keen on Ellis or Casper
others lovely - just get the right combination - particularly with your surname.
I'd go Sebastian James or Theo James.

OrangeFootedScrubfowl Sun 28-Apr-13 17:36:32

I would go for Dylan, Ellis or Theo. smile

Starfishkiss Sun 28-Apr-13 17:46:04

I'm pleasantly surprised at the warm reaction to Theo, and it's made me like the name even more. I am going to 'try it out' for the next few weeks! smile

TheRealFellatio Sun 28-Apr-13 17:47:20

I love Sebastian , quite like Theo. not wild about the rest.

TheRealFellatio Sun 28-Apr-13 17:47:39

Oh, Casper is nice.

I love Theo, Ellis, Luca and Sebastian.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now