Does anyone fancy a royal name prediction thread?

(93 Posts)
greenteawithlemon Wed 24-Apr-13 22:13:10

My money's on Elizabeth. Or Caroline.

KittenofDoom Thu 25-Apr-13 22:14:51

Albert, hmmm, dunno. It's one of Prince Andrew's names, iirc. I think Philip is a certainty to feature if it's a boy. (He will have an Aunt Philippa too.)

ThePathanKhansAmnesiac Thu 25-Apr-13 22:20:58

Georgiana

Albert

FairPhyllis Thu 25-Apr-13 22:36:14

Girls names: Charlotte, Caroline, Alexandra, Margaret, Helena, Mary or Alice as a first name. My money is on Caroline to pop up somewhere to honour both Prince Charles and Carole Middleton.

Elizabeth and Diana will def. feature as middle names.

Boys: George, Richard, Michael ... er.

Philip and Charles as middle names. John will NOT feature as it is not a lucky royal name.

ProphetOfDoom Thu 25-Apr-13 22:36:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KittenofDoom Thu 25-Apr-13 22:43:49

It would be weird to have a King Arthur or a King Alfred though. He couldn't be "the Second" because neither Arthur (if he existed) nor Alfred was King of the whole of England.

ProphetOfDoom Thu 25-Apr-13 23:05:54

Fallenangle Thu 25-Apr-13 23:13:45

Boy or girl, surely it will be called Anyfucker (or Shirley).

KittenofDoom Thu 25-Apr-13 23:20:58

SchmaltzingMatilda If you mean Arthur of Brittany, he was Henry II's grandson, not his son.

FreedomOfTheTess Fri 26-Apr-13 12:34:24

I don't think they'd use James, as that's Edward's son's name, and he's still quite young.

I may be wrong though.

Stokey Fri 26-Apr-13 12:51:36

I hope they go back a bit further.
Cecily or Blanche for a girl, Edmund or Arthur for a boy.

KittenofDoom Fri 26-Apr-13 12:52:51

Don't think it matters, especially if they used different versions within the family. James or Jamie or Jimmy etc.

siluria Fri 26-Apr-13 13:54:06

Please not Alice as that will be my DD's name, due in August.

On those grounds alone, I bet it will be Alice ...

Girl - Mary or Alice, middle names Elizabeth Diana

Boy - George or Arthur, middle names Henry James (after their brothers)

Sorry Siluria x-posts!

ProphetOfDoom Sun 28-Apr-13 00:08:16

KittenofDoom Sun 28-Apr-13 00:49:04

Oh, absolutely. It would be weird now though!

mathanxiety Sun 28-Apr-13 01:54:04

I'm leaning towards Caroline, Adelaide, Mary or Alexandra. Or a combination of several of those four, maybe with Diana in place of Mary. I also think Frances has a chance - it was Diana's middle name.

I can see them using Michael somewhere in a boy's name. And Philip and Louis and maybe Arthur. I also fancy the chances of Albert and Frederick (two names of George VI). Maybe George.

LazyMonkeyButler Thu 13-Jun-13 00:33:49

I like Caroline, Alexandria, Georgiana or Frances as a first name with the obvious Elizabeth Diana Victoria middle names.

If I had to put money on the name though, I would go for Alice. Or maybe Louisa? Didn't Queen Victoria have a daughter Louisa? Actually no, that's probably too close to Prince Edward's daughter Louise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now