Names for a 2nd baby girl--no long 'i's

(18 Posts)
Locketjuice Tue 21-May-13 16:06:32

Piper?

scrittrice Tue 21-May-13 14:51:37

Thank you all for your suggestions! Sorry to be so long in saying that. We moved, celebrated a first birthday, had in-laws visiting, and still had work at the same time.

Your suggestions really got us thinking again. I love Esme. I was in the maternity ward with a baby Esme last year. Laurel, Lucy, Lara, Faye, Eden (Edie!), and Astrid, I love!

We have a cousin named Tasmin, which I thought was really cool, but makes Tamsin perfect for confusion.
And we both liked Scarlett (another name we met on a new baby in the maternity ward last year), but couldn't figure out how to shorten it. (Lettie was out because of the American t's as d's to British ears.)
I also really liked Iona, but I wasn't sure if that was a little too Scottish Isles (when combined with Isla) for an Anglo-American family in England.

Thank you all again for helping us to get out of our name rut!

IroningBoredDaily Mon 29-Apr-13 20:27:48

Also like Nina a lot.

IroningBoredDaily Mon 29-Apr-13 20:26:23

I also know if sisters called Isla & Iona!

With Isla, I like:

Naomi
Alice
Esme
Annie

Ethan
Jude
Adam
Ben

MummyBurrows Mon 29-Apr-13 19:29:35

Annabelle
Florence
Erin
Lucy
Hannah
Ellen
Tallulah
Alexa
Lauren

fussychica Mon 29-Apr-13 18:39:03

Laurel
Pernille
Bryony
Romilly
Lyra

TalkativeJim Mon 29-Apr-13 14:03:37

Linnet

WhyMeWhyNot Mon 29-Apr-13 13:20:05

I know of an Isla and Alis. Mum is Lisa. (All anagrams of each other)

Tamsin
Corinna
Meredith
Rhiannon
Meryl
Vashti

melodyme Sun 28-Apr-13 19:41:43

A little one that lives close by is named Miriam, they call her Mim. So cute. Also...
Lavinia
Millicent
Aubrielle
Scarlet
Talia
Vivienne
Nora
Olive
Penelope
Lydia
Constance
Nicolette

fairieswearboots Tue 23-Apr-13 21:47:45

Zinnia

Tabitha

Maeve

Romy

Lara

BananaramaLlama Tue 23-Apr-13 20:47:55

Harriet
Grace
Erin
Zoe

Littlecherublegs Tue 23-Apr-13 20:42:34

I know sisters Isla and Isabelle.

How about:
Eden
Lily
Scarlett
Harper
Sofia
Willow
Phoebe
Erin
Megan
Faye
Astrid
Summer
Brooke
Jasmine
Eloise
Maddison

thegreylady Tue 23-Apr-13 18:49:18

I know sisters named Isla and Iona

farmersdaughter Tue 23-Apr-13 18:44:50

Cora
Gloria
Alexia
Skye

thermalsinapril Tue 23-Apr-13 18:05:23

Cara
Juliette
Iona
Aurora
Ivy
Marianne
Talia

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 23-Apr-13 17:39:54

Amber
Astrid
Brenna
Coralie
Delphine
Jade

scrittrice Tue 23-Apr-13 16:01:02

Hello!

I am expecting my 2nd (mystery) baby in July, and my husband and I are having trouble finding a girls name that we both like, and that doesn?t sound ridiculous with our daughter?s name.

She is Isla Marie, and our last name has the same long ?I? sound, so my old favorite of Violet is definitely out! (I named my mother's cat that 8 years ago, so at least I got some use!)

We have a few rules/guidelines that have come up in our name discussions:
1. Something we can both say the same (I'm American, he's English)
2. Nothing too frou-frou (would two girls with names ending in '-a' be too much?)
3. Nothing too wacky (his vote)
4. Nothing too boring (my vote)
5. We like names that are a little unusual, maybe just because they are a bit older (e.g. Leif, Heath). But we aren?t opposed to trendy names if we really like them (e.g. Isla).

We do have a pretty good idea with a boys name, though we are completely finished with it, probably Heath something or Lucas Heath. (I do realize that Heath is a controversial name on the Mumsnet board, but we like it.)

We?ve been batting around a few names, Freya, Iris, Siena, Siri, Fern but nothing has struck either one of us as "Ah ha!"

If this gets anyone's creative juices going, I'd love to hear suggestions! I am going cross-eyed from staring at baby names.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now