Straw poll: Do you prefer Elliot or Milo?

(74 Posts)

Please don't tell me if you hate them both, I would just really like to know which you prefer.

We only have a week left before we have to register our Ds, and for some reason, we just can't name him... We have whittled it down to these two!

Oh dear!... We have narrowed it down to a gay poodle or hot chocolate... Poor kid!

We.are still undecided, but have to register him next Tuesdayshock

I think we will probably use the one we don't go for as another middle name!

Just out of interest, what 'kinds' of name do people think they are?... I realise I may ne over thinking this now!

Lozario Wed 24-Apr-13 21:17:07

Milo.

Slavetothechild Wed 24-Apr-13 21:19:16

I think they both sound like nice well mannered little boys smile . These sort of names make me think of children playing with wooden toys and wearing sweet linen sailor suits !! No idea why but you did ask smile

Milo is probably from a professional but slightly culturally unusual family. Maybe they listen to interesting music or spend their holidays digging ditches in Eastern Europe.

Elliott has a brother Lucas and sisters Lily and Ruby. His parents do what everyone else does.

Can you tell which I prefer? grin

Ha... I quite like that slavetothechild !

horry I think we are.somewhere between those two!grin

Thanks for everyone's replies... I'm not sure if i'll be brave enough top come back and tell everyone which we went for though!! smile

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 24-Apr-13 22:19:57

Elliott.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 24-Apr-13 22:20:53

And Elliott Milo flows better than Milo Elliott, unless you are having Milo John Elliott or something.

Good point thedoctorofsnatch (brill name btw!)

We have booked our apt with the registrars, so not long 'til D-day!

Theironfistofarkus Fri 26-Apr-13 09:45:46

Milo, definitely.

Or doctrine, even!

We're booked to register him tomorrow... Still undecided. He'll be named after the registrar at this rate!!

Thanks for your input. Wish us luck! grin

Snazzynewyear Mon 29-Apr-13 21:21:46

Elliot. Do I get the casting vote? grin

MILO

Ikeameatballs Mon 29-Apr-13 21:24:41

Elliot. Love it.

Oscarandelliesmum Mon 29-Apr-13 21:24:53

Milo

rosieposey Mon 29-Apr-13 21:29:11

I have a Milo - it's a really lovely name. DS 2 was going to be Elliot but in the end i went with Caspar so i couldn't choose either grin If i was to have another DS (no chance) It would probably be Elliot but obviously i chose Milo first.

Elliot! HAS to be Elliot, such a beautiful name.

BTW is there a rule about the one or two L thing?

wiltingfast Mon 29-Apr-13 21:36:22

MILO

Milo milo milo milo!

Just do it ;)

blondieminx Mon 29-Apr-13 21:42:08

Elliott is more classic, Milo is getting quite popular. I think Milo is more likely to date, too.

EllenParsons Mon 29-Apr-13 21:43:26

Elliot. Lovely name smile

I also quite like Milo but I prefer Miles.

The variable spelling of El(l)iot(t) is a vote against.

Redorwhitejusthaveboth Mon 29-Apr-13 22:35:04

Milo smile I have a milo who is nearly 5 and every time I say his name I still feel all warm and glowey that he's got such a cool name... 1 person has mentioned the tweenies thing and 1 person the drink thing - and that's in 5 years.....grin

thermalsinapril Mon 29-Apr-13 23:05:59

I think Elliot Milo flows better than Milo Elliot.

Leafmould Mon 29-Apr-13 23:27:43

Miles is better than milo.

I agree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now