Chloe and....

(50 Posts)
MummyBurrows Thu 18-Apr-13 00:18:31

Looking to get a feel of what people think of these potential sibsets....And any other names you think would make a good sibset combo with DD Chloe smile

Chloe & Annabelle

Chloe & Erin

Chloe & Lucinda

MummyBurrows Fri 19-Apr-13 20:31:34

I have to admit Annabelle Erin is really starting to grow on me,I would quite like to use Erin as its the one and only name my dh came up with off his own back and he's not bothered if its a first or last name,or even if we don't use it at all but,being a bit more sentimental,I'd really like to keep it seeing as all the other names have been my idea lol xx

mathanxiety Fri 19-Apr-13 16:13:20

I like Annabelle Erin (fwiw).

Erin Lucinda is too much a combination of one Irish American name and one very formal English name -- I think they don't really go together. I don't think Erin goes with Chloe for the same reason -- it's very Irish American and Chloe is not.

Erin as a mn is fine and I think it flows well with Annabelle.

MummyBurrows Fri 19-Apr-13 15:11:26

Annabelle and Erin are looking likely to be the chosen names now....we really did love Lucinda but Annabelle has really grown on us and Erin seems to make a slightly better fitting mn than Lucinda if combined with Annabelle but all combinations of the 3 names are still being debated right now to see which one we settle on.

At the moment I prefer Annabelle Lucinda,DH prefers Erin Lucinda and family prefer Annabelle Erin (they all hate Lucinda)....xx

I love the name Erin and think annabelle works well as it mn

MadCap Fri 19-Apr-13 13:47:47

Whyme we have a Chloe and Alexander smile

MummyBurrows Fri 19-Apr-13 01:10:09

Emma is too close to my name (Gemma) so will cause more confusion in the family in conversation (seriously they still mix up mine and my sisters names as it is and we're nothing alike!)... DH is happy Erin finally got a vote lol. He was starting to feel that his one and only name choice (off his own back!) had been a bad one and that the names should be left down to me to come up with lol!xx

BlackeyedSusan England Fri 19-Apr-13 00:45:20

out of your 3 I like erin the best. same number of syllables.

BurnThisDiscoDown Fri 19-Apr-13 00:37:26

How about:
Chloe and Faith
Chloe and Emma

MummyBurrows Fri 19-Apr-13 00:25:01

I tried to get DH to write a list of names but I got nowhere! He's all no's and nothing to suggest!

There's no great urgency to come up with a name as only just into the second trimester but I really want to allow myself (and fussy DH) time to get used to a certain name and saying it,just to make sure its "right".

Didn't have this issue with naming DD1 as deep down we both knew she was always going to be Chloe so our list of girls names at the time was more for fun and to humour family members really but this time round its completely different as we really don't know.... Our boys name (Benjamin) is set and has been since I was pregnant first time around but while we're still not sure what we're having its been hinted at by our ultrasound tech that we're having a girl (we were both convinced it would/will be a boy!) So my anxiety has kind of gone into overdrive and I've started obsessing over finding and picking the "perfect" girls name and making sure we're both completely happy with it and can live with it. I think my DH likes more of the names than he let's on but says he doesn't just to wind me up! twat that he is xx

recall Thu 18-Apr-13 23:56:19

I have a Chloe and Charlotte, but Charlotte was first, so it comes out as Charlotte and Chloe which roles off the tongue easier.

mathanxiety Thu 18-Apr-13 23:51:41

You should get your DH to come up with a realistic list of 15 names (no names like Gertrude that are obviously non-starters) and you should do the same. Then you get to veto a certain number right off the blocks and once the two lists are narrowed down you can discuss the reasonable suggestions that are left.

It's not ok to just shoot down suggestions. You are feeling a certain amount of urgency about the naming process and he can't just make fun of that by silliness or assume the role of He Who Vetoes. That is not fair.

WhyMeWhyNot Thu 18-Apr-13 23:48:29

I have a Chloe and Alexandra (Alexa)

MummyBurrows Thu 18-Apr-13 23:41:01

I really liked Jasmine but DH and my dad both started singing a whole new world from the film Aladdin when I mentioned it to them...seriously they are soo frustrating sometimes I swear they do it on purpose to wind me up! Eden was a close tie with Erin but lost out due to not wanting to provoke any crude jokes about her lady parts when she's older...Tamsin I liked also but guess who didn't like it!xx

MummyBurrows Thu 18-Apr-13 23:35:25

Anna would be our choice of nn/shortening for Annabelle. DH just says "Willoughbooby" everytime I mention the name Holly and it drives me round the bend angry !! I like Sophia but I know that or Sophie will b the name my sister chooses for her DD in the future if she has one so out of respect for her I won't pick either of those names (plus dh,surpise surprise,doesn't like either of those anyway think I'm going to start slapping him soon if he keeps saying no to everything )xx

mathanxiety Thu 18-Apr-13 23:31:20

Chloe and India
Chloe and Linnea
Chloe and Ines
Chloe and Tamsin
Chloe and Jasmine
Chloe and Jocelyn
Chloe and Eden
Chloe and Merryn
Chloe and Evelyn
Chloe and Elin

LOL at thought of Luke smile

I only know one child called Lucinda, she is known as lulu. Never Lucinda.

Eva
Anna
Laurel

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Thu 18-Apr-13 23:10:06

Anna
Holly
Sofia

I have a Chloe and a Benjamin...

MummyBurrows Thu 18-Apr-13 23:04:21

P.S. My dads star wars/chewbacca obsession is funny but it gets really annoying after a while when its all u hear everytime u mention a name that remind him of the film! Needless to say Luke was a massive no-no on our boys name list first time round too!xx

MummyBurrows Thu 18-Apr-13 23:00:35

Josephine is too much of an "old" name for us....I like Honor but,in a bizarre contrast,that's too "modern" for us...we're really fussy it borders on annoying,although its more my DH that's the fussy one,there's very few names he likes,and trust me,I genuinely read out thousands of names to him and he didn't like any except Erin and Lucinda and about 3 others which we've since vetoed! Annabelle popped in my head a couple of nights ago out of nowhere when I was fast asleep so I'm surprised he even liked it! I read out all the names that get suggested to me on here and he says "no" to all of them,I add a couple to the Maybe list anyway bt my DH is incredibly stubborn and rarely changes his mind on anything confused xx

mathanxiety Thu 18-Apr-13 22:45:57

Chloe and Honor

mathanxiety Thu 18-Apr-13 22:45:29

Chloe and Josephine?
You could use Posy as a nn.

(am chuckling at your Dad's Chewbacca obsession)

jkklpu Thu 18-Apr-13 22:34:54

Sarah

NymphadoraTonks Thu 18-Apr-13 21:22:25

my little sister is called Chloe. My name is Joy.

MummyBurrows Thu 18-Apr-13 19:32:27

DH prefers Erin,I just can't decide....No sorry,I don't like Laurel and we know a Lara xx

gettingaway Thu 18-Apr-13 19:13:44

Phoebe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now